The World's Most Elegant & Luxurious Cardboard PC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent420

[H]ard|Gawd
I always thought Lupo cases are over-rated and not worth the phenomenal price tags they offer. I used to "bash" these cases over at Treehugger.com.

One week ago, a friend of mine bought one of these cases and he came over to brag.
I was blown away. I was blown away by its mechanism and quality.
So I dicided to open up my wallet. That's right, I seriously ordered one.

It took me awhile to find the right model. Lupo offers like 1 variation and I was really confused which case is the right one. Usually they only make about 20-50 cases per model, meaning 20-50 cases limited world wide.

Verdict: I can save the earth and be elegant & luxurious at the same time. :p :

Link to Lupo Cases Japan

lupo.jpg

I couldn't help but laugh myself. :p

Did you see the soldier one?!???!!?!LOL

I'd be afraid to put a PC as it would break or get weak from heat over time.

Not my cup of tea but thanks for the link OP!!!

Hmm... any waxed box variants available? I would prefer one that said "Bell Peppers- Product of Ecuador" if they have it.

The case in only available in JP.
I can help you find one if you're interested. ;)

Hmm... any waxed box variants available? I would prefer one that said "Bell Peppers- Product of Ecuador" if they have it.

Sorry, the wax impedes cooling, and these are high performance cases. I understand they are considering a compressed hemp version however. Should your pc overheat and catch fire due to cats, the vapours may assist you feeling better about the calamity.

Hahaha...had a laugh, thanks OP :D

I'd be interested in getting one from Japan, agent420. Would $700 cover the cardboard ATX case plus 3.5" HDD cage mount?

Hahaha...had a laugh, thanks OP :D

I'd be interested in getting one from Japan, agent420. Would $700 cover the cardboard ATX case plus 3.5" HDD cage mount?
Yes.

They don't ship the states. You must get it through someone who lives in Japan.
I have a relative there so I can get it without much difficulty.
C3 with a bottom HDD rack and VGA cooler + shipping would cost you around $700.
Seriously, it is no joke.

My cousin is going to be scoring, I mean purchasing the new hemp version very soon.

Wow, those look ultra classy.

I might get one, and just set it around to look good.

"What's that? You still unpacking?"
"Decoration"
"Oh, well, it looks sweet!"

Really though, I've thought about building a folding comp for a while now, and I was wanting to get a classy looking case, and one of these might do the trick.

Shoot us a link to the store.

*parody post

Yes.

They don't ship the states. You must get it through someone who lives in Japan.
I have a relative there so I can get it without much difficulty.
C3 with a bottom HDD rack and VGA cooler + shipping would cost you around $700.
Seriously, it is no joke.

My cousin is going to be scoring, I mean purchasing the new hemp version very soon.

What sort of fan does the VGA cooler include?

Wow, I'm sold. That thing must push at least 10cfm-incredible. Where can I send the money?
Also includes fan speed controller, adjustment limited only by user strength.

To avoid taxes and import fees, I am considering using other items for payment, as yet to be determined. I will be setting up a MySpace page with all the details. If I get enough non-pedophile friend invites I will publish the link.

By stacking 2 of these, one on top of the other, will it double the cfm?
Yes, if you turn one upside down so that the imparted velocities are out of sync with respect to each other. Be advised however that this may cause a positive case pressure that exceeds the specified postal cardboard burst test values, resulting in personal injury.

now your killing the trees. :rolleyes: lol
All cases contain a minimum of 98% post cosumer content.

Don't listen to the haters Agent! I can't wait for my hemp case. I may buy 2 since they are at such a discount.

Why hasn't k00lance responded to this thread 50 times yet? We can't understand this product without his input. :(

I'll take a the special BROWN KNIGHT edition please. Where can I send my 10k?
I think they have a shit stained cardboard edition. Or a wet with piss cardboard special edition. Plus you can brag to your friends it's japanese piss, so yes. I'm planning on buying the smells like fish cardboard edition. Only two left. $5, I sell you some.

It's a shame they don't ship to the US. Soon the market will mature beyond the "geek in a workshop" mentality and I suspect the el cheapo Western manufacturers will be go bankrupt for missing out the opportunity to produce cases as high quality as this one.

It gives me great shame that by buying Antec I have killed some small part of the earth. If only you'd posted sooner, Agent! My god man, they've been around since 2003!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back