The Zune HD finally gets a proper email app, sorta...

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
http://enterconnected.com/index.php/email-and-bbq-battle-debut-for-the-zune-hd

It's not the baddest thing ever but, at least it's easier than having to fire up the somewhat limited browser and loading webmail pages. It's on the Zune Marketplace, and of course it's free but it does have limitations, apparently: it only works with Gmail, Hotmail, and POP3/Exchange accounts only, so... Yahoo or other email owners, unless you've got POP3 access you might be outta luck.

Oh, and there's some game too but I figured the email app would be of far more use to Zune HD owners.

Yeah, I downloaded the email app, along with the game "BBQ Battle," which actually isn't that bad. It's a tower defense game, where you have to protect your picnic from bugs. I haven't tried the email app yet, but I'll probably mess around with it tomorrow.

There was also an update to the Facebook app, that apparently fixed some login issues (though I never experienced any problems myself). Unfortunately it looks like it hasn't fixed the notification problem, where you MIGHT see really old notifications for a second, and then they all vanish and you suddenly have no notifications showing up.

Last edited:
When the zune supports enterprise WiFi maybe I actually get to use it for more than a music player.

Back