There is a bug in my LCD

venm11

2[H]4U
It's one of those tiny, tiny little red bugs, not unlike ants. They've infested my back patio, and one somehow got upstairs and into my LCD through the vents.

So the little guy is crawling all over the place. I've tried blowing it with an air can, putting an external light on it. I've even tried particular graphic patterns hoping I can guide him to his doom. He is impeded by no light or color or lack thereof.

Any ideas?

That is epic. I heard cornstarch killed ants...

Anyone know how long it takes an ant/bug to starve to death? heh

That is epic. I heard cornstarch killed ants...

Anyone know how long it takes an ant/bug to starve to death? heh

why would cornstarch kill ants? It's starch.

I remember as a kid trying to starve ants by feeding them sweet-n-low. They totally ignored it.

That's funny, I had this EXACT problem, same bug even. Those weird tiny red bugs that you always see crawling around on concrete or whatever.

I got my DELL 2209WA refurbished, was perfect no dead pixels etc. Then that night while using it I noticed this tiny bug crawling on the screen, though I would try to blow/wipe it off. Instantly noticed it was UNDER the screen and not on it. I was seriously afraid it was going to die somewhere on the screen and just be stuck there forever. In the end I did nothing and it was gone, probably crawled off to the side and died.

Not sure where the little guy game from, either someone else house or from the DELL factory/whatever. I have never seen those bugs inside my home.

Neither have I. I've noticed that those bugs have an instinct to crawl up; they probably eat trees, or sap. Or brains.

I'm hoping that's what happens. God forbid he lays [his] eggs somewhere and they hatch when I'm working on a deadline.

I was hoping for another thread like the guy that had a bug molded into the power button on a samsung. That was freaky.

On the bright side, I think reproduction is unlikely :) They usually don't do that unless they have a food supply.

Dustin

Back