There is a huge chance that Core 2 Duo CPU's will sky rocket in $

Maybe a little but not really. The core 2 duos are supposed to release august 7th. Core 2 extreme was in july... they will be widely available in a couple weeks

I mean newegg and places like may raise like for example the e6600 [$380-up] since it some of the most wanted out of the core 2 lineup

yeah, I heard that the cores are like nearly up to $80 dollars a barrel, errr I mean core

It may rise when it launches and is completely on websites. Do any of you guys agree with me that theres a chance it may happen?

I don't think so, for the e6000 the pricing was $317 per 1000 chips so anything under $350 i consider a good price. I'm sure as time passes the prices will continue to get closer to the $317 but demand is high so they can charge more... however, Intel has insured they have a high supply so we will see

I think there's a difference between prices rising, and sky rocketing.

I think places might charge $30-$50 more then what the MSRP is, but, that's not sky rocketing, that's just companies wanting to make a few extra dollars on a new tech. And, that has NOTHING to do with supply and demand, but rather price gougeing(sp?).

EQTakeOffense said:
I think places might charge $30-$50 more then what the MSRP is, but, that's not sky rocketing, that's just companies wanting to make a few extra dollars on a new tech. And, that has NOTHING to do with supply and demand, but rather price gougeing(sp?).
Intel has also claimed that they are eliminating the discount prices and going to a flat-price model with the wholesalers. If the price that Intel publishes is as low as it gets for anybody - no matter how many you buy - the store prices will always be over the "MSRP". Previously, stores could by at a discount and resell for less than MSRP, but those days may be over.

They won't skyrocket. Intel has something that destroys all AMD offerings for the first time in a while, they will not price them so that people go back to the dark side and buy AMD chips again.

Intel has also claimed that they are eliminating the discount prices and going to a flat-price model with the wholesalers. If the price that Intel publishes is as low as it gets for anybody - no matter how many you buy - the store prices will always be over the "MSRP". Previously, stores could by at a discount and resell for less than MSRP, but those days may be over.

QFT

DDRX360 said:
Since its supply and demand think about like the 360
got any sources to back you up? like someone said up there, it'll go up but i doubt it'll be the cost of flying to the moon

I'm gonna try to snag one at a B&M store tomorrow. It'll be a FFA, but I'll bet the price will be better than E-tail.

capt20obvious20competition2040.jpg

Incorrect.

As time goes on, the price of a product that is still in production will go down, no matter what. Production process will be improved, or competition from better chips will force Intel to lower prices to compete (see AMD).

Intel is still producing and shipping Conroe's, upping the supply. The highest prices you will ever see for the Conroes is right now, when there is a limited supply of them now that they are first released, and the next time will be when they are discontinued from production and become more and more rare

Back