thermal pads!

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
I have to replace the heatsink in my friend's laptop and apparently it requires a thermal pad but it did not come with one.

I was just wondering if there is a good online store (other than FrozenCPU - they don't have ANY in stock!) that sells thermal pads (in different sizes/thickness). I'd like to order a few different ones in case I need em for anything in the future.

I thought I remembered seeing an ebay store that carried a bunch of different ones but I can't find it anymore..

cool thank :)

any other sites? Xoxide only sells the Coollaboratory metalpad

Danger den will sell you some for a buck each for like 2 inches send sin a envelope cost ya a stamp just call and ask for it tell them you have a used 8800gtx waterblock. the lady is nice

I've seen them in cUSA before, (in the store,) but I don't see them online at this point. Out of curiousity why would it require a pad 'vs thermal grease, for adhesion?

I don't think CompUSA sells them anymore. Haven't seen em here in a few months.

And I need it because the heatsink I'm replacing covers the chipset and the onboard graphics. The onboard graphics comes in direct contact with the heatsink so I'd use thermal paste there, but there's a small gap between chipset and heatsink...

I ordered a few different ones from Performance PC's. I'll have extras in case I need them in the future. Thanks again

Back