Thermal Tape??

That depends on what you plan on putting it on. I just ordered 3 of these EK-FC8800 Replacement Voltage Regulator TIM Pads
from Petra's. http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekrevoretimp.html

When they get in I'm gonna pull apart my 8800 and reapply all the thermal compund, plus put these on the ram chips, they work perfectly for that use. :D
For my CPU and GPU I actually use Arctic Cooling MX-1 Termal Compound, these pads will be for my 8800's memory.

Thermal tape is definitely easy but it's not likely to be as effective as AS5.

Applying AS5 is not rocket science. Go to their website and download the instructions.

They recommend drawing a line of AS5 down the center of your processor. I did that but got even better, immediate results by taking that amount of paste and spreading it out over top of a rectangular area directly over where the cores are situated.

Pretty hard to argue with 30C idle temps in a 22C room while running 3600 MHz at 1.48 volts. And that's with the CPU fan on low! :D

newtuniqnc2.png

I would consider buying those for the SB, NB and PWM but not for the CPU. Has there been any tests on how it performs? (IMO, Atleast 5C hotter compared to AS5 IF used on the CPU).

I agree on how easy it is to put on AS5. But the problem we see here is that people argue over the "correct" way of doing it. I have a Pentium D (hot CPU) at 3.4Ghz from a stock 2.66Ghz speed. Im idle at 43-44C and loaded at 56-58C. This is with my fans being all low and almost no noise coming from my PC at all. I also want to add that my case is in a horrible place where almost no air circulates. So you can see, its rather difficult to screw up an AS5 install. I was just figuring that maybe with these pads, we can all put it to rest and spend .94 and everyone can have the same result. :cool:

For a cpu/heatsink, if you want to go that route, get the good stuff - Shin-Etsu Thermal Pads. I don't think this is 'sticky tape' (it's a pad), so you can't use it to mount pwm sinks or whatever, but when you're mounting a cpu heatsink, you don't want sticky anyway.

Back