Thermalright 120 Black Poor Quality?

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
I just received the TRUE 120 Black today. I want to ask you guys that own this cooler if it has the same color difference near one end. If you look at my picture you can clearly see this. Looks almost like it's been overheated. Maybe this is part of the manufacturing process, I don't know. I don't know if all of them are like that or what. I read a dozen reviews on the internet but it's always hard to tell from the angle the picture is taken. Should I contact Thermalright about this or return it to place of purchase and hope the replacement is better.

truevn2.jpg

Will it effect the cooling performance?

Does your case have a magnifying glass pointed right at the top of your TRUE?

Is a little smudge worth the cost of shipping?

If you care about the aesthetics, send it back. If you care about the cooling performance, I doubt it would have an effect.

nothing a little polish and elbow grease won't take out...but I agree w/ the above poster, if it bugs you, then send it back for a replacement =D

I don't know if it will effect the performance. But it could be an indication of faulty craftsmanship. Maybe the heatpipes leaked during manufacturing. Who knows.
Not a magnifying glass but a windows large enough for me and everyone else to see it.
I get free RMA cross-shipping.

I'm just asking if anyone that owns this cooler has the same blemishes.

no i havent, and i recommend returning it and getting a new one, you dont spend 70 dollars on a Black TRUE to have blemishes and damage to the finish, regardless of how well it works.

nyou dont spend 70 dollars on a Black TRUE to have blemishes and damage to the finish, regardless of how well it works.

Well, the free shipping, plus the above point, would make it easy for me to decide. Go ahead and do it.

Me, personally, I wouldn't care.

no i havent, and i recommend returning it and getting a new one, you dont spend 70 dollars on a Black TRUE to have blemishes and damage to the finish, regardless of how well it works.

+1 if he didn't care about looks he would have got the black. Send it back, theres no reason it should be like that.

I would certainly send it back, i paid £50.00 gbp (almost $100.00 usd a while back) and i know if mine had arrived like that it would have gone straight back.

for me it would not matter since I would lap the base anyways.

How good is Thermalright service? This is the first time I purchased anything from them. I did send them an e-mail but are still waiting for a response. I just want to see what they have to say about his.

Back