Thermalright V-1 on a 7800GTX??

dynamiks

Weaksauce
Is it possible to mount a Thermalright V1 onto the new 7800GTX? Even though it is not listed on the Thermalright website I figured someone may have tried it and it actually works. I know the Zalman VF-700Cu isn't officially listed for compatibility with the 7800GTX, but I have seen some people mount it.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Ive been asking around for the same thing, would it fit in SLI on an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe board and would it perform well.

DangerIsGo said:
Ive been asking around for the same thing, would it fit in SLI on an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe board and would it perform well.

I only ask because one of the reviews says it performed really well. I'd really like to know if it can actually beat the Zalman. Cause so far the Zalman VF700 is the best GPU cooler available. I have one right now, and I don't mind saving it to put on my 7800GTX that should be here on Thursday. But I was really just curious if the Thermalright is any better, and if it actually fits.

By the way, if it was able to fit on the GTX, it would fit your motherboard. Because there was a guy on here who said he had two installed on his 6600GT SLI setup, but he said you could only install it with a 80x15mm fan.

Back