Thermaltake Announces The Highly Anticipated Level 10 GT

HardOCP News

[H] News
Thermaltake, the market’s most trusted brand in D.I.Y. computer cases and max-performance power supplies, announced today the immediate availability of the highly anticipated Level 10 GT super gaming full-tower computer case. The Level 10 GT case was introduced during 2011 Consumer Electronic Show (CES) held at Las Vegas, Nevada. Level 10 GT is the successor to the original Level 10, the design collaboration between Thermaltake and BMW Group DesignworksUSA.

The case’s announcement during 2010 CES attracted high-volume of media coverage and quickly trickled down to the PC enthusiasts and gaming communities with approvals of the Level 10 GT’s breakthrough in design and innovative features.

fdiaz78,

I've read before that it is supposed to be like $280. Don't quote me on that as I do not recall the source.

Highly anticipated by who exactly?

Probably those whom went out and spent $800 on the original level 10.

I'd like to have one. But will probably go for something far more affordable and practical.

Most trusted by who exactly?
:D

Most trusted by Radio Shack and Best Buy!

Come on you modders, we know that you are still going to go to newegg or whatever to get all the other bits, but you can get your new case here! And some totally awesome LEDs too!

Thermaltake, the market’s most trusted brand in D.I.Y. computer cases and max-performance power supplies
In the last 3 years I have built close to 50 computers with Thermaltake power supplies in them, and have not had a failure yet. I thought my first one failed a week ago, but the motherboard was dieing.

*knock on wood* now if they all die this weekend I am deleting this post.

I would only buy their PSU's but not for myself.

That case and the original level 10 I thought were butt ugly.

after the first one, who labelled the new one "highly anticipated" :confused:

I really don't know what to think of this thing. I somehow managed to miss this at CES last month. Umm I really am undecided about this thing. I mean it's not bad but I don't know if I would so far as to say it's an amazing looing case. Functionality wise it looks pretty good, I guess. /shrug

I didn't even know about it until yesterday.

It's ugly. It takes everything that was the least bit interesting about the original and destroys it trying to make it affordable. Then it fails at that.

Breakthrough in design? No. Not at all. Innovative features? Step backward, is more like.

As others have said...

Anticipated by who, exactly?

Great looking case. Would like to have one and add highlights on the HD enclosures (Ferrari Red for the top HD SSD slot). Edit: Looks like the HD cages do get direct fan cooling...great!

Last edited:
Not flaming those who liked the Level 10, but it really wasn't my taste. This update/new version isn't really either. Price isn't even the issue per-se, just never was one I liked personally.

As for quality, they have came a long way with regards to quality and their more recent products. Their older stuff, other then maybe a few heatsinks IMO was junk. But some of their newer PSU's aren't bad (although I'm preferring Corsair for PSU's right now) and SOME, far from all but SOME of their cases aren't bad, and the build quality has maybe gone up very generally speaking. A lot are still IMO tacky or just not quite my taste.

Still mexican hairless ugly and too expensive for what it is. I'd take something like a Corsair case over this junk any day. While I applaud them for trying different ideas, IMHO the best thing(s) they've been doing in recent times is bringing out some (higher) quality products rather than 1st consideration being bling levels (I remember their rainbow color sleeved PSUs for example)....

Typical Tt trash.

Well the Level 10 was a well made case, and some of the Thermaltake cases are, but their aesthetic design leaves much to be desired and this one is really no different than the last one in regard to it's looks.

I do recall that Kyle was going to build a PC with this a Level 10 case and show it off.

I think Kyle has since retired from HardOCP, or at least adding content.

Thermaltake might have made some headway in PSU's which is news to me, but nothing beats classic PC Power & Cooling PSU's.

Their heatsinks were junk last I saw though, their cases have a certain niche going for them - particularly their looks and features that more durable case makers should be incorporating (Antec, for example). I wish other case makers would make some of these features but not making such cheesy aluminum. I do, however, still like my Thermaltake Armor - though it's size is starting to get annoying... even though I have 5 hard drives doh!

With the exception of my BlacX eSATA dock, the last thing I bought from Thermaltake was a Soprano in 2006. Other then that I generally find their stuff pretty repulsive.

I do recall that Kyle was going to build a PC with this a Level 10 case and show it off.

I think Kyle has since retired from HardOCP, or at least adding content.

b7banhammer.gif

Well the Level 10 was a well made case, and some of the Thermaltake cases are, but their aesthetic design leaves much to be desired and this one is really no different than the last one in regard to it's looks.

I actually rather liked the industrial/sci-fi look of the L10, but the price was way out there. I haven't bought a new case since 2001, still trucking on a hacked up addtronics full tower from back when I ran a state of the art Thunderbird 1400 with a thermalright SK6 and 6000 RPM fan (sunon's version of the infamous delta). Might be time for a new case soon :p

I wish they had just dropped the price of the original. I'd rather go with a FT02 for less money and better airflow. Not that I have money to spend right now, but when I do, it's going to be on a new power supply, new vid card, and then on an FT02.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste a squirt of piss on this case if it were on fire and the drapes were catching. It's every bit as ugly and impracticable as the original. I do admire their willingness to take risks on products, I just wish they had someone with some real talent in their design department.

This case is ugly as hell and would be a nightmare to clean. I don't see those filters doing a good enough job keeping the insides clean. With that many curved surfaces, bumps, separatable pieces, you have a dust trap waiting to happen.

When are case makers going to realise that most of the time with their designs, less is more and to keep it functionally simple?

When are case makers going to realise that most of the time with their designs, less is more and to keep it functionally simple?

Yup, simple, clean, logically thought out, good construction and materials. Huge reason I like the Corsairs so much.

Probably those whom went out and spent $800 on the original level 10.

I'd like to have one. But will probably go for something far more affordable and practical.
Corsair 650D, FTW! Can't wait 'til it's available.

Yup, simple, clean, logically thought out, good construction and materials. Huge reason I like the Corsairs so much.

Main reason I went with the Antec 300 was because of how simple (relative to a lot of other DIY'er cases out there) the design was and how elegant it looked. It just looks classy by not trying to do too much else, IMHO.

A little on the cheaper side when it comes to materials, but it'll hold up anyway. Just wanted a nice, well laid out, built and clean looking case... A surprisingly tough request lately, it seems.

Some of you know this, but for those who don't, the level 10 is a direct rip-off of the awesome custom pc "Edelweiss" by Pius Giger from Switzerland, originally done in 2006. Seen here re-done in white, 2009,
http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2009/special/lessdegrees/pius-edelweiss.htm
the rip-off is not as apparent as it was before the white, but I couldn't find a link to the original (and apparently still can't post attachments AHEM) but it's still hard to miss.

Back