ThermalTake BigWater Question

neurobash

Limp Gawd
Hello people!

I have a question for those who use the ThermalTake BigWater kit;

I just bought one of these to cool my aging Athlon XP 3000+. Just got the kit today, and after opening the package I noticed the resivoir/pump has obviously had water in it. This leads me to beleive the retailer sold me a kit that has already been used. :mad: Anyone else with this kit notice this? Is this normal? Is this the result of factory testing, or did the retailer sell me used goods? Any info would be appreciated!

Thnx...

mine was completly dry. where did you buy it from? I mean I guess TT needs to test the pump etc, but I can't imagine them shipping it with water in it?

bought it from www.digitallyunique.com

I can't imagine them doing that either.. the bastards! I've sent an email to TT for clarification.. hope they respond soon..

Thnx for the reply - 'preciate it.

I would say you got a used TT unit. :( New ones have zero H20 in them...

Well I just got a reply from TT, here's what they said...

Each Bigwater is tested before shipped out, it is normal that you see condensation and some water drops left over.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact or technical support department toll free at (800) 988-1088. Our technical team is open Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM PST.

Have a great day and thank you for choosing Thermaltake.

Thermaltake USA
Thermaltake Technology., Inc.
(800)988-1088 Ext. 132
http://www.thermaltake.com

From the looks of it, I still think it's used but as long as there's no leaks I guess I'll live with it. Thnx for the info guys...

are the tubes cut? you get two long ass tubes that need to be cut into 4 pieces or more to install the kit. Mine did have some condensation I think, its hard to remember that long ago.. like last week ;) j/k

When I got my Kingwin AWC-1 (aka Evercool WC-202), I had water in the revosoir, but the block, and hoses all looked new. I figured they had to do some QC testing on the resovoir, so it should be ok.

My resevoir had a little liquid in it. I have read other places that Thermaltake tests everything before they box it up.

It's normal. Mine came with condensation. If i remember correcty, the manual actually states this.

Back