Thermaltake LANDBOX LITE review......

Case is made of steel, (heavy). I like case with aluminum.

Yes, but steel can rebound better from bending or denting.

Which matters NOTHING compared to computer cases, but.. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, the entire steel vs aluminum weight issue is moot. Good quality steel is relatively the same weight as aluminum. I know this because of high quality steel bicycles. The difference in weight between alum vs steel can be at little as 1 or 2 lbs.

On topic though. Neat looking case! Would of considered buying it but I just built a new computer.

Case is made of steel, (heavy). I like case with aluminum.
true, but steel cases are also quieter than aluminum and sff's can tend to get loud.

anyways, i like the case. looks nice except the layout doesn't seem to great. i'm not a fan of placing the psu on top of the cpu and i think 120mm fans are a must. anyone notice how one of the con's in the review was that it only takes matx mobos!? you figure with an sff that's a given.

That's a beautiful case. I may have to get a matx mobo and try it out :D

I wonder if my ATi x1950xtx would fit with 2 hard drives...

Thermaltake innovative? That's an oxymoron! :D Looks like a cheapy, overlarge, steel SUGO to me. At least the exterior is classy.

Honestly though, the entire steel vs aluminum weight issue is moot. Good quality steel is relatively the same weight as aluminum. I know this because of high quality steel bicycles. The difference in weight between alum vs steel can be at little as 1 or 2 lbs.
1 or 2lbs? Umm... no. Maybe if they were thinner, but this is cheap quality steel and thicker. If you are building a small case, most likely it's to be more portable and you need all the weight saving you can get.

I used to own a large steel Antec case that my roommate gave me. Liked the design and bought the same thing in aluminum. Weight savings was about 1/3. The problem is all the copper in your heatsinks, power supplies, video cards etc sort of nullifies the weight advantage. My ARIA was light as a feather with nothing in it, but once everything was installed, it felt pretty dense. On the other hand, an NSK1300 would have been like moving around a concrete block!

Thermaltake innovative? That's an oxymoron! :D Looks like a cheapy, steel SUGO to me. At least the exterior is classy.

1 or 2lbs? Umm... no. Maybe if they were thinner, but this is cheap quality steel and thicker. If you are building a small case, most likely it's to be more portable and you need all the weight saving you can get.

I used to own a large steel Antec case that my roommate gave me. Liked the design and bought the same thing in aluminum. Weight savings was about 1/3. The problem is all the copper in your heatsinks, power supplies, video cards etc sort of nullifies the weight advantage. My ARIA was light as a feather with nothing in it, but once everything was installed, it felt pretty dense. On the other hand, an NSK1300 would have been like moving around a concrete block!

Remember, I said high quality steel. :p Most steel bikes are made from Reynolds Steel: http://www.reynoldsusa.com/english.html

My single speed track bike weighs only 16lbs, which is pretty dang light.

I dunno. I dont have much of a problem with the weight of my X-Gene, and its steel. :) Never weighed it, but it doesnt seem overly heavy.

I just remember lugging my Dad's Peugeot mountain bike around and trying to go off jumps when I was a kid. ;) Thing was built solid, had 21 gears, but launching off a jump was like a tank catching air! Not sure whether the tires were squared off for traction or to support the weight of the bike...

I am currently building LAN boxes with the Thermaltake LAN TT which is essentially the same design as this box except for the front panel and the handle. The two 60MM and single 90MM fans do a good job of keeping everything cool. I don't miss a 120MM fan at all. The power supply can be mounted to pull air through the top grill holes and exhausting through the back which effectively keeps the PSU heat from affecting the rest of the installed components. The completely modular design makes installation of components relatively painless.
I am installing E6600 and XFX 8800GTS 320MB cards on Foxconn G965 MBs and have zero problems with any of the machines,

The only thing I do not like about the layout is the location of the HD cage which is directly in front of the front fan. Sure, it helps cool the drives but it also disrupts the airflow to the rest of the components. Still I have had no heat issues even with mild OCs to the CPU and the factory OC on the XFX GPU.

And this case is solid as a rock when assembled. It puts many full size ATX cases that I have used over the years to shame. Now if someone would just build an mATX board using the P965 or 650i chipset I would be in heavan.

For the price, i think it's a better buy than the MicroFly and the Qpack2 specially when these two have gone up in prices by including unwanted psu. If the SG03 cost more than $150, i would definitely buy this case for my next build.

IMO the vents on the top panel are totally unnecessary. This case has a huge vented area on each side panel, which is more than plenty for any config. The top vents are nothing more than a direct dust/liquid intake path.

I'll just sit here waiting for the perfect cube case, even if it means dying of old age.

Back