Thermaltake PSU

Jatt5

Weaksauce
Hi i have a question. What do you think of thermaltake psu made by CWT. As i can see mine came with Big Rubycon Capacitor at 85c and Samxon caps (Low). I purchased the W0129ru purepower 600watt one year ago. Its running good for 24/7 so far. So i just want opinions. Should i buy a Seasonic next time. Thanks

Hi i have a question. What do you think of thermaltake psu made by CWT. As i can see mine came with Big Rubycon Capacitor at 85c and Samxon caps (Low). I purchased the W0129ru purepower 600watt one year ago. Its running good for 24/7 so far. So i just want opinions. Should i buy a Seasonic next time. Thanks

Aren't you the guy that sent back a Seasonic because you said it was filled with OST caps? And now you are considering keeping a unit that has Samxon caps?

Something doesn't add up here......................

It was a PC&C 750 Quad not a Seasonic. I didnt say it was all filled with OST capacitors. I said i saw one OST capacitor in there. That does not mean all have to be filled with OST caps. Do you think the samxon are low quality. I thought there better like Chemi or Rubycon.

Yeah... Although we could debate whether or not Samxon are better than OST or the other way around (at least they're not "Samson" caps), I think you're putting WAY too much emphasis on capacitors.

Over the last couple of years, capacitor brand usage has become yet another marketing bullet point. It only costs a couple $$ to put all Japanese caps in a PSU. It only costs $.50 to make those caps 105°C instead of 85°C. But the fact is, MOST cap brands, at least in power supplies as opposed to on motherboards, hold up perfectly fine in PSU's. Yeah, there are some REALLY cheap brands out there that fail almost all of the time (Fuhjyyu, AsiaX, Jee, etc.) but Samxon, OST, etc. really aren't two of them. And caps in PSU's don't get to 105°C. Even in a 50°C chamber you won't see them get to 85°C. The manufacturers just know it gives you warm fuzzies to know they rated at the higher temperature. ;)

Put emphasis on over all build quality. PCB layers, quality of soldering, decent voltage regulation, good efficiency, quiet fan.... If you base your decision on what caps are inside a PSU, I'm sorry... that's like deciding on a car based on the brand of oil filter the factory installs.

EDIT: And a PCP&C Silencer IS a Seasonic.

So i should i have kept the 750 PC&C right even if it had a OST capacitor.

Yeah. OST caps? I really wouldn't have cared. Turbo-Cool's, some of the best PSU's on the market, have Teapo caps in them. Ask someone that re-caps mobos and they'll tell you that Teapo's suck, but I've yet to see a swollen Teapo in a power supply. :(

But to be perfectly honest, the CWT built Thermaltakes are very, very good PSU's too. I would go out on a limb and say just as good of build quality as a Seasonic and certainly the Thermaltake is going to be much quieter than the Silencer.

It was a PC&C 750 Quad not a Seasonic. I didnt say it was all filled with OST capacitors. I said i saw one OST capacitor in there. That does not mean all have to be filled with OST caps. Do you think the samxon are low quality. I thought there better like Chemi or Rubycon.

The PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 is a Seasonic x900.

Well the 750 PP&C started to carry OST capacitors in the Build.

Don't play games with me because even if you shit yourself over just one OST capacitor that makes your position on keeping a unit with Samxon even more odd.

which thermaltake models are CWT ? are they only the really powerful ones or are there some moderate ones too

Don't play games with me because even if you shit yourself over just one OST capacitor that makes your position on keeping a unit with Samxon even more odd.

Dont get mad chill. I was not saying PP&C is a bad company. I never said that. All i said there was an OST capacitor. If you think samxon is bad. I will agree on that. Since there not premium grade capacitors. The Thermaltake i didnt buy last week. Its like 1 year old. So i thought i will keep since its one year old.

I just got the Replacement today. It still got a OST capacitor. It dont matter to me now. As there is only one and rest is Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors. The PSU is running very stable.

Back