Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W PSU- Yes or No?

Would a Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W PSU be a wise purchase?

• Total voters

macrospect

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking ot purchase another PSU for my watercooling tower. I have my main tower which is powered by a 600W OCZ PSU which has been going very strong but the PSU in my watercooling tower (which is a separate tower) has failed and is out of warranty.

I am looking to replace this PSU with an inexpensive one. Since I will only be powering 5 120mm fans, a bunch of led's, and a ccfl light I am looking for a low-wattage unit. Yes, I could power it off of my main tower but I am putting a big strain on that PSU already with the 8800gtx and the 6 hard drives in there!

Since we all know that the reviews on NewEgg are mixed, I was curious to know if the people at [H] thought that this unit was a winner or not. It is on sale until Friday so I still have some time to decide. I want to spend $35 at most.

Thanks!

I've run my Athlon XP computer almost 24/7 with one for two years now. I haven't had any problems with it. If you were running a newer computer with it, I'd say pass. But since it isn't even a whole computer, I don't know of any better for the money.

According to the reviews it seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing.

Oh and if anyone knows another proven and reliable manufacturer within my price range feel free to recommend!

Thanks!

Back