Thermaltake Tsunami vs MGE TITANIUM CA-TITANIUM-S

I have the Tsunami, so I tell you a couple of things from my experience with the case,first is the cooling, the rear 120mm is fine and does a decent job, the 92mm side fan is weak and planning on replacing it, the front 120mm is of the slim variety and second the combination of the 2 part front bezel and dust cover prevents good airflow from the outside, which leads back to the fan not being strong enough in my opinion, and because of the slim variety I can't put a panaflo in its place. Comes with rails for drives, easy installation, hard drive bay removable, the case is really light, because of the aluminum which also means you can't get to rough with it either. You should not have any problems putting in an ATX 2.0 power supply, case is big enough for mATX or ATX, the extra usb/headphone jack what ever you want to call it is on top of the case, the only problem i have with that is that with the normal locations on the MB you are going to have cables running straight down the middle of the case, it became so irrating to me that i disconnected the cables,tied them up and have it laying on my DVD drive in the bay. The front bezel has a key lock on the side, turn key part of the ways unlocks the main front with the two leds, turn it all the way and unlocks the second front panel letting you put your 5.25 drives in, I have the windowed side panel with the fan, it has a key lock also, the side panel can be a pain taking it on and off becasue they open up with spring latches.

Overall, it's not a bad case, I like it quite much, except that I have to replace the side fan and the front fan because they don't do a good job of bringing air into the case.

if you're looking for something that's not cheaply made then I wouldn't consider a TT. Look into CoolerMaster's, Silverstone or Lian Li's cases. They're MUCH better quality. I've got a computer builder's warehouse store near me and they carry a lot of TT stuff and a lot of other no-name junk. the TT's are squeaky, imprecisely machined with poor fit and finish, cheap materials that don't feel or look good once you're actually there to see them in person. CM cases are very nice all around, especially considering the prices. Silverstone and Lian Li are going to be your best bets for material quality and style.

if you really want good cooling and pure functionality with excellent build quality and features in a plain black box, get a Supermicro tower server chassis.

as for the MGE, it got crappy reviews from that guy who said it bent. secondly, i wouldnt ever buy something called "titanium" unless it was MADE FROM titanium. thats a regular steel case called titanium. just too cheesy.

Back