Thermochill PA120.2 or Black Ice Pro III

Situation: Ideally, I wanted to use the Thermochill PA120.3 (430mm length), but the max my case will allow is 400mm. The Black Ice Pro III is 397mm, which will fit. Since im using a D5 pump and low CFM fans, Im assuming the Black Ice Extreme and Black Ice X-Flow wouldnt be a good choice (correct me if im wrong). Components will be TDX (165 oc'd), NV-78 (7800 GTX oc'd), D5 Pump, T-Line, low CFM 120mm fans (~35cfm each).

Question: Taken into account my situation, would I get better performance with the Thermochill PA120.2 or the Black Ice Pro III.

Liquid_Cooled said:
BONUS: check out the soon to be released Hardware Labs Black Ice Gen Two. Watch the intro and you'll see a quick picture of their "new" radiator. No other info on the site.

http://www.hwlabs.com/

INTERESTING: I wonder what they have in store for us.

Liquid_Cooled said:
Situation: Ideally, I wanted to use the Thermochill PA120.3 (430mm length), but the max my case will allow is 400mm. The Black Ice Pro III is 397mm, which will fit. Since im using a D5 pump and low CFM fans, Im assuming the Black Ice Extreme and Black Ice X-Flow wouldnt be a good choice (correct me if im wrong). Components will be TDX (165 oc'd), NV-78 (7800 GTX oc'd), D5 Pump, T-Line, low CFM 120mm fans (~35cfm each).

Question: Taken into account my situation, would I get better performance with the Thermochill PA120.2 or the Black Ice Pro III.

ANSWER: The Xtreme line would bot be good if your using low speed fans, but AFIAK the X-Flow would be fine. I don't think they are uber thick... but someone correct me if I am wrong. Either way, I dont like them. I would go with teh BIP3.

it would make sense to go with the triple rad (BIP 3), but the double rad (PA120.2) is twice as thick as the BIP 3.

Liquid_Cooled said:
it would make sense to go with the triple rad (BIP 3), but the double rad (PA120.2) is twice as thick as the BIP 3.

True but the PA design of internal fins is made for efficient low CFM fans. The difference with the BIP3 will be marginal.

You guys are getting slightly confused.

I very much doubt a 120.3 radiator will offer better temperatures than a 120.2 when tested with the same blocks etc.

However, the 120.3 will be able to remove more heat from the loop at a faster rate. It comes into it's own when you're using a loop consisting of alot of blocks or pelts.

Back