These procs will not run in a K8WE:

visaris

Gawd
Hey, I tried these procs in my K8WE and they will not run. I'm not looking for a solution (as I have two Opteron 265s), I just thought this might serve as a warning for people trying to use this revision Opteron in a K8WE.

OSA242CC05AH
CAAFB 0313WPCW

OSA242CC05AH
CAAFB 0313WPCW

That said I don't know what revision these are. Can anyone tell by looking at those lines? (I'm trying to help out people with the Tech Tour bundle, who may or may not have this revision, as I don't know what revision these are :) )

c05 is the revision, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure. I think a BIOS update is required for those to work, but i'm not an opty guy.
Those lines are from 242s tho; how would that affect the 246s that are at the tech tour?

Vertigo Acid said:
c05 is the revision, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure. I think a BIOS update is required for those to work, but i'm not an opty guy.
Those lines are from 242s tho; how would that affect the 246s that are at the tech tour?

They are actually B3 steppings according to AMD and the C0's you will get at the Tech Tour are a crapshoot. Some said they have C0's working no problem and others say it is a no go. Try www.2cpu.com and www.k8we.com for more information.

???

I've got some 246's from the tech tour, and my K8WE is on it's way....God, I hope these work, i just sold like EVERYTHING to get this dualie together...

Marduk said:
they'll work.

SirFragalot and I are running Tech Tour C0s on our K8WEs.

Indeed we are. :cool: I too was nervous until I threw them in and the whole system fired right up. No problems at all.

Back