Think I'm interface limited?

DougLite

Supreme [H]ardness
Fujitsu MAP3036NP on Adaptec AHA2940U2W Ultra2 SCSI it's in my Dual PIII 550 box.

In the pics, my 18GB IBM DDYS drive is in green, 18GB Fujitsu MAG in yellow, and my MAP (my flagship drive) is in teal. Sorry for the poor quality, 256 color BMP is hte only way to get them to a manageable size on my server box.

I'm no SCSI expert seeing as how I only have one 15K RPM drive in my system, but it seems like those 18 GB drives are of the older SCSI generation which don't really have much of a sequential transfer rate.

However, it is possible to saturate the Ultra-2 bandwidth of 80 MB/s if you're running them all at the same time. If they're later generation drives then even running two at a time could saturate the bus.

Even worse if there's a problem and it's defaulted to a lower speed.

It's probably your card. I have a MAP3735 and it's not that slow.

And no, they are U320, not U160. They're 3 generations old if you include the new MAW/MAX generation. But most places are still selling the MAT/MAU generation, which is only one ahead if the MAP/MAS. All of the above are U320.

I'll run HDTach on my MAP once I'm done encoding some video on it.

I know it's the HBA :p

Just thought it was kind of funny that the MAP scored the exact same average in a linear test as a random test...no matter what, it always comes out to 30.5MB/sec. SR noted an ending STR of ~40MB/sec with MAP in the inner zones.

My MAP starts off a little over 70MB/sec and ends up at 40MB/sec (at 73GB), average 58.2MB/sec

Back