Think my mobo crapped out?

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Booted up my computer this morning after rearranging the cables, and had no signal whatsoever to the moniter. I'm not getting any kind of signal beep from the motherboard. I am wondering however, if something that happened last night is related. I was playing Halo, when all the sudden, everything locked up. Teamspeak started skipping the person in mid-sentence, and Halo locked up. Waited about 10 seconds, started running again, and had a network error in Halo for a few seconds, but then just got right back to normal. Then about an hour later, I was browsing these forums. This time the same thing happened, but it didn't unfreeze. I had to hold the power button to turn it off. That was the last time it was on. I tried resetting the CMOS twice, replacing the video card, unplugging optical and floppy drives, trying a different stick of RAM, and cleaning everything out. I'm not getting a voice warning from the mobo, or a beep warning from the speaker. Also my router isn't detecting a computer connected to it, and the orange Ethernet light isn't lit like it should be. 99.9% sure this means my motherboard is dead. Can anybody confirm this for me?

i can't conclusively confirm it, but i can say the same thing happened to me (except the halo part) and a new motherboard did fix my problem.

Back