Think this may be a mobo problem :( Could use help.

jubei

Limp Gawd
Ok, I just got an Antec case with a 350w psu, a chaintec vnf3-250, and an amd 3200+ socket 754. I salvaged an old (had a p4, so not too old) hp machine for the HD, CD RW, DVD Rom, and floppy drive. I've hooked everything up correctly and when I power it on, only the fans run. The only light that comes on is the HD decetion light which stays on instead of showing the action of the HD. The monitor isn't recognizing that it's hooked up to anything and goes to sleep. I've hooked up the case fan to every power connector and it fires up every time, so I'm at a loss as to what's going on.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Have you tried a powersupply with somewhere in the 450'Watt area. What are the amper ratings on the 3.3v,5v, & 12v leads? You need a powersupply with at least 24ampers ratings on the 3.3v & 5v rails, the 12v lead needs around 30amper rating. If you will check the large sticker on the side of your PS. There are these specs for you to write down. This may be your culprit.

strip it down to just the bare minimals. Unplug all external drives. Have just the mobo, cpu, ram, and vid card in and see if it will post.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
strip it down to just the bare minimals. Unplug all external drives. Have just the mobo, cpu, ram, and vid card in and see if it will post.

Good suggestion, I would clear CMOS and use a minimal config. Check front panel case connectors too. Make sure CPU fan is attached to the right fan header on the mobo.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The cpu fan was spinning as was the rear case fan. The floppy connectors are on right. The psu should be more than enough for this setup. Right now I'm about to remove the mobo and run the essentials on an anti-static bag and see if it actually posts. I'll report back when I do.

Back