Thinking about getting the 3007

DusanV

Limp Gawd
Got a quote from Dell at $1800 CDN shipped with 3 yr warranty (~$1600 US). It was on sale not too long ago for $1600 CDN which makes me think they can go lower still. It's a lot of money either way so I'm quite uneasy (no, it's not my life savings but still). These guys liked it less than the 2405 (???). Does anyone have *any* complaints against the monitor?

Last but not the least I need a video card to pair to it and I don't think my trusty GF4 4200 will do (I have only been playing UT and UT2K4 lately and even that is sporadic). I have an AGP based system that's not too old (Athlon64 socket 754) so I'm thinking of just getting the 7800GS although I am leaning towards something even cheaper. I don't mind gaming @1600x1050 for now. Or should I get the socket 939 chip, board and the proper PCIE video? I don't feel like paying a penny more for the video than I have to because they obsolete so quickly (especially with the upcoming DX10 and HDMI from MS). So what you guys think?

Make sure your video card you buy is dual link and not dual dvi. They are two totally separate monsters.

with the 7800 gs you wil need to run it at lowest settings. If you want a big monitor go with the westinghouse 32" or westinghouse 37". The 32" is very good for tv but i know a guy who has one and he loves. He plays cs s without any ghosting. Upgrade to 939 and then get like sli 7900 gts or crossfire if you want the 3007.

dwai said:
Does the 3007 have input lag like the 2405?
The ones who have it here are saying it doesn't (some of them had the 2405 and saw the lag). Nobody took any shots as of yet...

Back