thinking about RMAing my 7900gt what will they send me?

KSNIPPY

Limp Gawd
i know the 7900 is notorious for artifacting beacuse of the shitty memory or something on it and thats exactly what mine is doing. my question is if i send it back to evga what will they do? send me another 7900gt or a newer card? has anyone had one replaced lately?

If they dont have your card, you will get faster. That is what I like about evga. On the ati side, Sapphire will tell you we dont make a x1950xtx anymore, so here is a x1950pro. That is why I try and stick to evga.

I RMA'd my eVGA 7900GT last winter and they sent me a 7950GX2 card, so I was happy about that. I wouldn't be surprised to see that the 7950s are dried up and it'd be nice if you received an 8800GTS 320 card.

My friend sent his 7900 GT in a few weeks ago. He received a 8800 GTS 320. That is a pretty nice free upgrade imo.

My friend sent his 7900 GT in a few weeks ago. He received a 8800 GTS 320. That is a pretty nice free upgrade imo.

yeah that would be pretty bad ass if they sent me that... ive been satisfied by evga ever since i bought from them so hopefully they wont let me down

Does anything have to be wrong with it? I might give this a try and see if I get an upgrade:p. How do you go about RMAing the card?

8800GTS 320 will be most likely.

If they dont have your card, you will get faster. That is what I like about evga. On the ati side, Sapphire will tell you we dont make a x1950xtx anymore, so here is a x1950pro. That is why I try and stick to evga.

That is ladyhawk's thread, i hate sapphire ever since.

Does anything have to be wrong with it? I might give this a try and see if I get an upgrade:p. How do you go about RMAing the card?

Just try it, they will send you 8400GS, how about that? :D

nösferatu;1033048348 said:
Just try it, they will send you 8400GS, how about that? :D

Just kick up a big fuss and say you want your original model back.

Meh, I just RMA-ed a 7900 GS (not eVGA though) a coupla months ago and I got back... a 7900 GS.

Last year I RMA-ed MSI 7900GT, got replaced temporarily by MSI 7800GTX for 2 months, then my new MSI 7900GT arrived.

ok they accepted my RMA...now i just gotta send it off. got my fingers crossed that i get a 8800gts

i gotta say that ive been impressed by the support at evga, theyve completed each step in the process so far within about a day... which is far quicker than i thought it would be.

i fried my video bios on my 7300GT was a BFG as well.. they sent me an 8600GT.. but this was 6 months ago.. when the 8600GT was worth it.. which i just ended up selling on ebay anyways.. aint bad rma'ed a 30 dollar gfx card and came out with 130 bucks :p

hmm im thinking i should have answered their questions reguarding what watt powersupply and things like that i had when i did the rma..i just left them all blank...hope they dont send me a shitty card since they dont know what im runnin:eek:

ok they accepted my RMA...now i just gotta send it off. got my fingers crossed that i get a 8800gts

i gotta say that ive been impressed by the support at evga, theyve completed each step in the process so far within about a day... which is far quicker than i thought it would be.

YES, please keep us updated....thanks.

I have an RMA on my 7900 GT CO Superclocked going on right now. They are replacing it with an 8800 GTS 320 MB card.

I have an RMA on my 7900 GT CO Superclocked going on right now. They are replacing it with an 8800 GTS 320 MB card.

sweet...hopefully ill get the same treatment...how do you know thats what youre getting, did they tell you?

i fried my video bios on my 7300GT was a BFG as well.. they sent me an 8600GT.. but this was 6 months ago.. when the 8600GT was worth it.. which i just ended up selling on ebay anyways.. aint bad rma'ed a 30 dollar gfx card and came out with 130 bucks :p

wow, what kind of retard would pay $130 for an 8600GT...? wasn't an 8800GT about the same price 6 months ago...?

wow i didnt know evga was that great!

(ps i just got my 9800gtx+ from them in 2 weeks, and i am in Canada!)

wow i didnt know evga was that great!

(ps i just got my 9800gtx+ from them in 2 weeks, and i am in Canada!)

evga is a great company. others may say its not due to their personal experience from it but for me, great since the day i bought it and my card was recertified. :)

Damn... I had a choice for either $43 for eVGA 7950GT card or $38 for BFG 7950GT (both 256mb DDR3). I wonder if BFG RMA is as nice as eVGA?

I have a 7900 that is artifacting too.

I should look into RMA.

you definitely should... the 7900 are notorious for this so they most likely will just send you a whole new card...and its worth it if its an upgrade to a 8800gts!

Anyone know of any 7800GT problems that plague a lot of people? Thinking bout making up something so I can get a better card.

Actually to tell you guys the truth, I was considering RMAing b/c im having problems with videos kind of stuttering around. Dont know if its codecs or not since I have like all the codecs. Plus, im thinking to upgrade to the gtx 260 and wanted to see if i can could get a better card b/c of the problems to put in my secondary pc that im looking at building.

I RMA'd a 8600GTS 512 to evga last month and they replaced it with a 9600GT :D

I had to to RMA my BFG 7900gt oc last spring and they sent me a 8800gts 640mb. So yeah, it's a really nice upgrade and the rep was pretty cool too. He understood how crappy the 7900s were. My friend who had an eVGA 7900gs and it crapped out on him about 4 months earlier than mine and he only got a 8600gts LoL. So I guess it really depends on what they have at their warehouse at the time, but I'm sure you'll get something good.

I RMA'd my 7900gt KO edition like ALMOST two months ago and they gave me a 8800gts 320. To me, it is a big upgrade.

I had to to RMA my BFG 7900gt oc last spring and they sent me a 8800gts 640mb. So yeah, it's a really nice upgrade and the rep was pretty cool too. He understood how crappy the 7900s were. My friend who had an eVGA 7900gs and it crapped out on him about 4 months earlier than mine and he only got a 8600gts LoL. So I guess it really depends on what they have at their warehouse at the time, but I'm sure you'll get something good.

yeah im thinking the same..right now either way im thinking ill be getting a better card in return. im so glad i went with evga..their support is great :D

I think I'm the only person that hasn't RMA'd a card to EVGA. I have three, 7800 GS AGP, 8800 GTX and a GTX 260 FTW. They are work perfectly, mainly because I don't aggressively OC them or mess with the BIOS. Not saying this applies to anyone here, but I think a good portion of the "failures" of the cards are self-inflicted or from just plain greed - saying there's something wrong just to get an updated card. Like anything it trickles down to anyone buying their cards (a margin for returns built in to every card's price). Enough abuse of their generous warranty and it might "kill the goose that laid the golden egg".

yeah you may have a point there jeffredo. in fact im sure some of the failures are because of that. i had mine OCed but not by much at all.my card was just notorious for having bad memory.

update:

they shipped the card out yesterday...its scheduled to get to me next wednesday. im DIEING to see what card they sent me. is there a way to find out on their site or anything?

Back