Thinking of adding another tuner and Directv box

shocksyde

2[H]4U
Is it as simple as buying one, splitting the incoming satellite feed, and connecting the 2 seperate coax cables to the 2 seperate set-top boxes? Or is there a step I'm missing?

It'll most likely be 2 Hauppauge pvr150 MCE cards running in Windows MCE.

Currently I have 1 PVR150 MCE hooked up to one set-top box.

usually that simple. Although I think you will have to go through DirecTV, so just tell them you want it installed there and they will do it. I had them run all 4 of my boxes to one closet that holds my server. The guy thought I was crazy, but he was happy. Less cable to run for him. If you do it yourself, be sure to get the right kind of splitter.

Dvico FusionHDTV3 Gold QAM

i have this card. how do i connect this card to direct tv box and have sound on it.

i see that they sell the same box i already have at newegg for $70. Can I buy this from newegg? I guess calling them is my only way of finding out.

compwarez said:
Dvico FusionHDTV3 Gold QAM

i have this card. how do i connect this card to direct tv box and have sound on it.
tog et that answer, I suggest you start your own thread. This is an entirely different topic.

shocksyde said:
i see that they sell the same box i already have at newegg for $70. Can I buy this from newegg? I guess calling them is my only way of finding out.
Yeah, I would just call before you buy.

the rep i talked to said i could get the box from a third party, but i'd need an access card, which doesn't appear to come with any of the receivers not sold by a directv retailer. so i guess it's: 1)buy receiver from newegg; 2)order card from directv; 3)activate; 4)giggle like a schoolgirl

Back