This a good setup or is there better??

GokuSSL

Limp Gawd
So far I have this I'm looking at, if you know of something better please feel free to let me know. Im trying to do some major OC'ing so I'm trying to get the best.

CPU BLOCK
DangerDen TDX 1/2" Copper Water Block - Athlon64
CHIPSET
Danger Den MAZE4 Chipset Block - 1/2" ID Fittings
VIDEO CARD
Danger Den Acetal Maze4 nVidia (Updated)
PUMP
Hydor SELTZ L 35 Water Pump (450 GPH)
RADIATOR
Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator
or
Danger Den Black Ice Pro III Radiator
RESEVOIR
Swiftech MCRES-525™ "BAY RES" 5.25" Bay Reservoir

Any suggestions welcome and encouraged!! Thank you all!

Yea there are probably anothers better setups, but it depends on your budget...

Looks fine for me.

NV68 is pointless, a low profile Maze4 + ramsinks will be plenty for your OCing.

RBX & TDX are about the same, but a Whitewater has better performance.

Unless you get a relay, youll have to remember to plug in the pump every time before you turn on your computer, or youll fry all your harware before you even start OCing. If you want something easier thats just about, if not more powerful than the L35, get a DC pump that runs off of a molex, the Swiftech MCP650/Danger Den D4 or Aquatreme 50z are good choices.

For the BIX2/BIP3 choice, the BIP is for lower speed, quieter fans, while the BIX is for Deltas :)

I would change is switching out the NV-68 for an Acetal topped Maze4GPU w/ a set of ramsinks. Its cheaper, cools just fine and is alot lighter. The NV-68 tends to bend cards a little. Also, since your going with an A64 setup, a chipset block really won't do you any good as the southbridge (which is what you would be cooling) doesn't control the memory and is only very slightly effected by any overclocking. :)

Oh, and don't forget about a relay circuit for your 120VAC pump. ;)

autobot said:
I would change is switching out the NV-68 for an Acetal topped Maze4GPU w/ a set of ramsinks. Its cheaper, cools just fine and is alot lighter. The NV-68 tends to bend cards a little. Also, since your going with an A64 setup, a chipset block really won't do you any good as the southbridge (which is what you would be cooling) doesn't control the memory and is only very slightly effected by any overclocking. :)

Oh, and don't forget about a relay circuit for your 120VAC pump. ;)

I believe you would actually be cooling the northbridge :p . I suppose you could w/c the southbridge but it would be rather pointless.

Nevertheless, on an a64 setup, 90% of the time it is not beneficial to w/c the chipset.

CPU: I looked for the whitewater but didn't really find anything conclusive. Between the two Radiators: Will both fit in my case or on the back or is the bix going to have to be put on the top? Im looking at the most cooling also between the two but Im not sure if one more 120 mm fan will do much more. PUMP: The pump mounts inside the case and I put a hole in the back to run the AC cable to the relay, correct? I looked and didn't find anything close to 450 GPA. I switched out the NV for the MAZE4 because I'm playing on SLI so this should fit better. Thanks for all the input :-D

I have used koolance before and you can't really customize it the way you want (Exodus). I would much rather build it from ground up (More fun that way !!!)

CPU: Whitewater, Swifty 6000 series or Storm G4
GPU: Maze4 acetal
N.B.: ---
Pump: DDC-modded, MCP600/AQ50Z
Res: T-Line

There's always better, just depends on what you want and how much you got to get there. :D

I looked at your posts with the Aqua computers and was actually thinking about doing your setup. The water blocks just look amazing and the pump is really nice. What would you suggest for a pretty high end water cooling system with your favorite brand (Aqua Computers) :)

Back