This game review made me laugh so hard.

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
OMG, so I'm here talking myself into getting back into FreeSpace 2 and the open project thing. I see another name for a game, X3, and look up a review on youtube.

I'm like "Khaak?!?!? OMG, this is going to get horrible".

My favorite lines this chick says:
"What does a girl have to do to see some Khaak around here"
"Unfortunately, the Khaak lack staying power at this point. Look how fast they explode."
"I'm surrounded by blown Khaak, but strangely unsatisfied."
"But how can the Khaak be a menace when I'm left wishing they shoot more often."
"At least my search for hard Khaak will take me through a beautifully designed universe that feels very alive"

Yah, I think this game was released a long time ago and I'm probably the only one in the world of gaming who hasn't heard this "review" so sue me. :rolleyes:

Just thought it was funny as hell.

If you don't mind profanity, check out the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews of TMNT and Top Gun for NES. They're on YouTube. He reviewed more games like Castlevania and Battletoads but I thought it was funny how he pointed out game design flaws or really frustrating moments that I experienced when playing those games.

X3 is a fantastic game. Just ignore the bad voice acting and the single player game and play the real X3 game.

Stupid German developer hiring a terrible voice actor with a lame southern American accent to do the news broadcasts. The cutscenes you see are actually made on the X2 engine which are like 10 years old before they scrapped that and made the actual game on an improved engine for X3.

"At least my search for hard Khaak will take me through a beautifully designed universe that feels very alive" was the best line.

or maybe it was:

"Just now, a merchant ship took a savage assault from a raging Khaak, penetrating the vessel, and sending seamen flying everywhere"

Last edited:
X3 is a fantastic game. Just ignore the bad voice acting and the single player game and play the real X3 game.

Stupid German developer hiring a terrible voice actor with a lame southern American accent to do the news broadcasts. The cutscenes you see are actually made on the X2 engine which are like 10 years old before they scrapped that and made the actual game on an improved engine for X3.

"At least my search for hard Khaak will take me through a beautifully designed universe that feels very alive" was the best line.

or maybe it was:

"Just now, a merchant ship took a savage assault from a raging Khaak, penetrating the vessel, and sending seamen flying everywhere"
What do you mean by "play the real X3 game"?

I think he basically means forget the plot or storyline and just focus on the pure gameplay. Namely trading, building a corprate empire, pirating, and/or waging war on the hostile races in the game. Or any race you just don't like.

You know, I just picked up X3 Terran Conflict recently. Playing it through right now with a couple mods to increase the level of conflict in the universe.

"What a girl got to do to see some kha'ak around here", "Search for hard kha'ak" :D
"Just now a Merchant ship took a savage assault from a raging Kha-aak penetrating the vessel sending Seamen everywhere"

HaHa

Morgan Webb talking about Kha'ak. haha.
I use to think Xplay was the shit back when I was in HS. I am actually surprised its still airing.

I think he basically means forget the plot or storyline and just focus on the pure gameplay. Namely trading, building a corprate empire, pirating, and/or waging war on the hostile races in the game. Or any race you just don't like.

You know, I just picked up X3 Terran Conflict recently. Playing it through right now with a couple mods to increase the level of conflict in the universe.

I bought X3-terran conflict as well. It looks like it has a lot of potential, but the game is unplayable to me. No manual (PDF on the DVD is less than helpful). The controls are hard to work with, as all i have is keyboard and mouse. For gods sake i cannot even buy things at the station, and i tried multiple stations. Probably some nonsensical keyboard key or something that i cannot find in the "manual."

I want to like it, but at the moment, cannot play it.

If you don't mind profanity, check out the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews of TMNT and Top Gun for NES. They're on YouTube. He reviewed more games like Castlevania and Battletoads but I thought it was funny how he pointed out game design flaws or really frustrating moments that I experienced when playing those games.

Thank you for sharing this. I watched the little clip on the Sega 32x and it had me in stitches.

lol @ the Kha'ak

AVGN is some pretty funny stuff, love the series. Very Nostalgic too

He did a pilot radio show on XM about a year or two ago, but it bombed pretty hard.

I bought X3-terran conflict as well. It looks like it has a lot of potential, but the game is unplayable to me. No manual (PDF on the DVD is less than helpful). The controls are hard to work with, as all i have is keyboard and mouse. For gods sake i cannot even buy things at the station, and i tried multiple stations. Probably some nonsensical keyboard key or something that i cannot find in the "manual."

I want to like it, but at the moment, cannot play it.

You just click on things to buy them at stations.

lol that review made me want to go out and get the game lol. People say if you have Terran Conflict you don't really need Reunion, this true?

yea I have heard the controls and tutorial are very unintuitive and a lot of people gets frustrated with it.

I got the x3 pack on steam a while back. Installed it, but i just couldnt figure out how to do anything! Never played it since.

Back