This is bugging me

insaneshell

Limp Gawd
Ok So this Athlon XP system ive got here. Well I replaced the HDD as it was making grinding sounds with a 120gb IDE Drive, 7200RPM Seagate, sold as OEM. So new Drive. Its got 1.5gb of DDR400, it has the XP3100 aka XP3000 400mhz FSB CPU and Windows XP. I also popped a 6200 AGP into it, and when it arrives an x850Pro, I also replaced the old HP 250W PSU with an Antec EarthWatts 400W model. So everything is good. Its a VIA KT400 Chipset so its not a bad chipset, and I can't figure out why preformance is so bad.

By bad, Firefox takes on average 3-4 minutes to launch, all that is load on bootup is MSE. It runs XP Home SP3 fully updated. Now I have XP SP3 on a P4 2.53 with 512mb of Ram and Firefox4 on my bench and it runs faster than this.

And yes drivers are installed im not an idiot

its not an issue with age, as I said a P4 2.53 with 512mb that I just cleaned for a client today runs faster than this thing. There is something not quite right here, and it's annoying me to no end. No bad caps, nothing wrong at all.

they only have the latest 2009 drivers on there site, my only other option is the release drivers from HP's website

Back