This is called Guerilla Marketing!!!!

On the bright side, a few of the other Galaxy cards on newegg have decent (if few) reviews. Looks like something is going right and this particular review was just a bad apple. The proliferation of MIRs on all products is rather disturbing though. MIRs FTL :(

I would like to explain this link to everyone:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162014

This is our competitors going in and making bad statements about our company and products. You ask me how I know? The 9800GTX+ was delayed from us and we only just got them in, we have not even sold any yet. So there is no way someone has owned one for over a week since 10-1 let alone 2 people. This is our competition trying to keep us from coming over to the US, I have contacted Newegg and they may remove the link but I wanted to assure everyone that these are false posts and BS like this is not right.:mad:
As pointed out, use the Manufacturer feedback/comment to state what you've stated here.
No stock equals no sale which clearly equals no user review.

this is the exact reason why newegg should only allow people to write reviews AFTER the have bought the product.

It seems Neweggs policy of letting anyone write a review on any product as long as their sighned in leaves it open to abuse.
I myself would like to see them only allow people who actually purchased the product from Newegg have the ability to leave a review for said product.

Because I've bought open box items from newegg and like to give reviews.

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but it stands to reason that the reviewer might have been referring to the original 9800GTX or even another card.

Furthermore what stands out more is the Galaxy 'forum representatives' posting callout crap like this. Not only does the post itself worry me, but this kind of crap could quickly landslide into.... FORUM DRAMA (tm).

It just seems to me that this kind of 'he said, she said' crap is a rather unprofessional way for a company to represent themselves, especially when they are making it very obvious that they are trying to earn some respect in the enthusiast community.

Bad review after opening night, but the show must go on.

Keep focusing on offering a solid product and support (reasonable RMA) with competitive prices and the rep will follow.

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but it stands to reason that the reviewer might have been referring to the original 9800GTX or even another card.

Furthermore what stands out more is the Galaxy 'forum representatives' posting callout crap like this. Not only does the post itself worry me, but this kind of crap could quickly landslide into.... FORUM DRAMA (tm).

It just seems to me that this kind of 'he said, she said' crap is a rather unprofessional way for a company to represent themselves, especially when they are making it very obvious that they are trying to earn some respect in the enthusiast community.
I kinda thought the same thing. I was surprised to see the rep guy starting the thread, but eh, I don't care too much. If I had any input in what galaxy was doing, I would recommend allowing aftermarket coolers & longer warranty periods. Till then, it is EVGA for me.

I don't see that at all. The company has a right through official channels (since he is the verified official representative here) to defend his company and products against defamation. This isn't "call-out crap", it's very obviously a fradulent review. This is helpful information for everyone.

and your whining why? what did they do to you for you to cry on a public forum? get a tissue

the rep has every right to defend his company and at this moment he has every right seeing how the cards havent been released and someone trying to make it worse for the rest. hes trying to show people on this forum that it isnts true, and i believe him with the evidence presented.

so you need to stop whining

Shane,

13 days later and you still have not resonded to the Newegg review?.....As a rep from the company, shouldn't you have done that when the post was made?....or 3 days max after?......Hummmm

The only thing I see is you saying how that review is wrong here on the forums....but nothing on Newegg?.....Hummmm

If I was out of line on this post...I'm sorry!....but....More people read the Newegg reviews than your complaint on this forum!....and after 13 days with no response on Newegg from your company...just makes me wonder!

Maybe he's working on it.

Hopefully rounding up the 1700ish members who have enlisted in the free GPU give-a-way by Galaxy is taking a toll on his time :) :)

Hope it all gets straightened out Shane.

Shane,

13 days later and you still have not resonded to the Newegg review?.....As a rep from the company, shouldn't you have done that when the post was made?....or 3 days max after?......Hummmm

The only thing I see is you saying how that review is wrong here on the forums....but nothing on Newegg?.....Hummmm

If I was out of line on this post...I'm sorry!....but....More people read the Newegg reviews than your complaint on this forum!....and after 13 days with no response on Newegg from your company...just makes me wonder!

I have tried to respond, but they must be approved by Newegg first. If you are the manufacturer and not set up through the vendor portal your response will not be submitted. It has to do with selling directly to Newegg versus selling through distribution. We also checked to see if our distributor could respond and they were not allowed to respond for manufacturers. Until we are selling direct to them we will not be able to respond through the "vendor portal." The only way to respond as a manufacturer is to be set up direct by Newegg. This has been very frustrating but nothing more I can do. Thanks for the support.

Most knowledgable hardware consumers don't pay much attention to individual newegg reviews. But nice catch and burn, newegg should really institute a "required purchase" review system. I'm tired of seeing reviews for items that are not even available yet, claiming "this card is a good deal because...blah, blah, blah", it's very unprofessional to allow it.

i posted a reply under the nickname "ticked off" with a broken URL (and instructions on how to fix it for those who can't figure it out on their own) pointing to this thread for you....hopefully it makes it past the filters and gets posted......

You could always start your own guerilla campaign and get back at all the other name brands who could have done this. You gotta fight fire with fire sometimes.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The backlash when caught would do more harm then a juvenile attempt to "get back at" would generate sales.

You could always start your own guerilla campaign and get back at all the other name brands who could have done this. You gotta fight fire with fire sometimes.

I believe that would be defamation and a good possibility for one of their competitors to start a lawsuit. Plus, its just dumb in general.

Fighting Fire with Fire just get's everyone burned.

hey Shane, hope you and rick are doing well.

I blame battlemaster! he was always kinda sneaky!

lol jk

I take "user reviews" with a grain of salt anyway.. Most users have no idea what they're talking about and give products bad ratings because the PCI-E card wouldn't fit in their AGP slot..Or give the product 10/10 just to show the world that they managed to install a videocard (or other compoenent) and make it work. Then there's the company itself often going in and writing positive reviews..and competitors going in and writing negative ones. Better to ask for opinions at a forum where it's easier to sort out the trolls and fake posts from real users with opinions that count for something.

Bah. No worries. My next purchase will be a Galaxy card, and I'll leave a correct review :)

However, this is a part of being in this industry... Users that think they know more than you, have self-esteem/penis issues and utilize this self hatred to motivate outward indignancy... A company's rep should do his or her best to utilize the correct channels to correct issues like this, not actively advertising on public forums, unless the topic has already come up...

I rarely read user reviews and when I have I usually laugh at the absurd comments I see left on there. The ones left by people who bought the Pentium D 965 Extreme Edition after the Core 2 Duo came out were comedy gold.

Well it it was indeed guerilla marketing you can narrow it down to the big nvidia partners, namely evga, bfg, or xfx. And is it me or is a 9800gtx+ card for $205 sound stupid when I got my msi gtx260 for $197...and you could of got the msi gtx260 oc for $199 just last week?

I would like to explain this link to everyone:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162014

This is our competitors going in and making bad statements about our company and products. You ask me how I know? The 9800GTX+ was delayed from us and we only just got them in, we have not even sold any yet. So there is no way someone has owned one for over a week since 10-1 let alone 2 people. This is our competition trying to keep us from coming over to the US, I have contacted Newegg and they may remove the link but I wanted to assure everyone that these are false posts and BS like this is not right.:mad:

Thats why you should always ignore newegg user reviews as a rule of thumb .. any tom , dick or harry could make up whatever info they want. Most customers do there own research thankfully so I wouldn't worry about people taking that seriously.

As a joke and proof of this to my friends about 2 months ago I posted a user review on the HIS video signal reduction card and they excepted my review ..even though I stated in the final comments that my wife had recently decided to start murdering elfs as a result of the card taking over her mind .... its gone now but the fact that it went through a approval process (it took 3 days to post on the site) and even GOT approval was just downright sad.

Damn once I actually read some more reviews I think Shane may really be right about this.

Take a look at the following 4870x2 OC review. Looks like the same guy posted two 1star reviews with fud and a bunch of of bs trying to make Diamond look bad. The guy didn't even bother buying the card of newegg, he is just straight badmouthing Diamond and their 4870x2 OC version.

Only person to blame is newegg. They knowingly let anyone post a review of a product that didn't buy from newegg and probably don't even own.

But I suspect its one of many angry galaxy customers (I'm sure galaxy is a decent company, but every company has angry customers) and not another nvidia partner.

I rarely read user reviews and when I have I usually laugh at the absurd comments I see left on there. The ones left by people who bought the Pentium D 965 Extreme Edition after the Core 2 Duo came out were comedy gold.

I tend to just put a filter on reviews. Taking out the really obvious top and bottom ones.

"Teh bestest card evah, even fed my cat"

"Steaming pile-o-poo, even killed my cat"

However there are plenty of well written and helpful reviews (both positive and negative).

The review in question here does fall into the cat litter pile....

Note: I'm not sure why I had to make 3 cat references and 2 scat references.

Back