This Is Why EVGA Is Great

rennyf77

2[H]4U
i sold a co worker my 9800gx2 for $80. he then decided instead of throwing the card in his old machine he wanted to build a new rig based on the amd phenom 2. during the burn in process, the card began throwing out artifacts while running the real-time hdr demo. i contacted evga about opening an rma. their tech asked me about the power supply i was using and if it was delivering adequate power to the 12v rail. i indicated in the responding message that the bios was reporting 12.06v to the 12v rail. the tech then asked me to run ati tool and report my findings. while running the utility the card once again began to artifact then promptly blanked out my monitor. i shot a message over to evga and was approved an rma request. here's where thing got a little iffy. i was unable to complete the rma request form even though i was given the tech support approval code. i contacted evga again and queried the issue. apparently, evga's records indicated that the card was out of warranty. i stepped up to the gx2 in april of 2008 from an 8800gts 512 that was purchased in december of 2007. in my subsequent message exchanges with evga i noted the date of the original purchase, the date i received the gx2, and the date i registered the gx2. i also noted that i didn't recall when i registered the gts 512. evga's response was that if a product isn't registered within 30 days of purchase; regardless if its product code indicates a lifetime or 3 year warranty, it immediately defaults in their system to a 1 year warranty. they were however going to offer me a one time replacement for the gx2 but whatever they sent me would not carry a warranty. i accepted their offer, and a couple of days ago they sent me a pristine, dust free gtx285 with the protective film still on the cooler logo. a month or so ago, a user ran into a problem with his evga card and immediately flamed the company on this forum without first going to evga to rectify the problem. some posters went as far to suggest that that he recieved any help from them at all was because of his bitch and whine thread. my suggestion to that user and some of the posters who agreed with his petulant behavior; please children, throwing a tantrum won't always get you what you want.
P1010274.jpg

a month or so ago, a user ran into a problem with his evga card and immediately flamed the company on this forum without first going to evga to rectify the problem. some posters went as far to suggest that that he recieved any help from them at all was because of his bitch and whine thread. my suggestion to that user and some of the posters who agreed with his petulant behavior; please children, throwing a tantrum won't always get you what you want.

Your wording is confusing me...

Did the tantrum-thrower eventually GET help because of his/her complaining? :confused:

Did the tantrum-thrower eventually GET help because of his/her complaining? :confused:

actually i don't know. his thread got the attention of the evga rep who frequents this forum, but i have no idea whether or not he received a replacement card.

I think what hes saying is the poster came to the forum to flame eVGA before actually contacting them to see if they would RMA or solve the issue. Pretty much because there is an EVGA guy here who browses the forum.

I think he meant that if you are rude, you won't get your way. You can be persistent and smart to get it resolved. Don't mix up persistent and tandrum behaviors.

THreads a bit messy, but always go to the company first before flaming them. You can bitch about your card breaking, but to flame the company before contacting them is another thing. You're always going to have something break or go wrong before it's warranty is up, hence why there is a warranty companies know this and do it so you are protected from the worker with the hang over from sunday nights football game messing up.

generally i find it's easier to get good service if you're nice than bitching and yelling. Imagine working 8 hours nad having nothing but bitching customers i'd go nuts, and probably disconnect quite a few of them.

I know a guy that works at EVGA HQ. They are great over there. My only gripe is that they don't offer the double lifetime warranty XFX has, which makes it a no brainer to go with XFX instead.

From the great service EVGA has shown me, I will never buy any other brands. mobo and gpus
Complete opposite for me. Customer service was horrible. I don't doubt that you've had great service through them, just wish I had the same glowing experience. I now avoid them like the plague.

Back