This might look bad but this is the level you should all be at.

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
I expect nothing less than this when you mod for now on :D

When I do this on a case, don't laugh at me. The Digg case needs some diamonds too. Not so much the etching because that's expensive.

Grill = CZ
Logo = real diamonds

blah.jpg

blah1.jpg

Hope Im around when that thing is crashed and all those expensive jewels go bouncing across the road :)

Smile fo me daddy
What you lookin at????
Let me see ya grill
Let you see my what????
Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill
Rob da jewelry store and tell 'em make me a grill!!!
:D

Noni said:
Holy crap thats sick. Got pics of the rest of the car?

Ya but this isn't the place for it.

Anyway, like I said, I better start seeing costly mods like this done on cases. :D

I don't see much of a reason to put jewlry on a case. IT's not going to make it look better

I would take an iced out PC if it was done right. and I didn't have to pay for it.

OH SCHNAP.

Get me a few hundred thousand dollars and I will see about making you a diamond and platnium case. :cool:

reminds me of a waste of money. lol. How could that man sleep at night knowing that kids are starving on the street.

I'll bet I could yank that hood ornament off and be gone in 2 seconds flat.... If only I could run that fast,...

I realize it's fun to laugh at it but I am partially serious too. I realize in some cases this looks like overkill and gaudy but you've gotta look at the potential it has.

I've seen the laptop with diamonds before but that kind of thing is made by people who are out of the modding loop. They just do it because "they can". Can you imagine what a modder would do? It wouldn't just be large groupings of diamonds, it could be a million different things. Modders have style.

Anywho, that's all. Happy modding folks. Just trying to motivate everyone to mod better.

The problem is if you spend so much on bling, you probably have none left over for the actual components.

Also I find the whole culture centering around blinging stuff out to be quite.... Retarded might be the word.

Of course if you are being serious in a hypothetical kinda way it might be interesting, if anyone had the money, but it would get old after a while. For me at least.

When I opened the thread I was hoping you where going to talk about being original or something, and how everyone just copies each other with the rare somewhat original piece.

yeah that's the thing... most modders probably can't afford the bling part...

I find that modders aren't usually very rich... and it makes sense, because part of what gets you into modding is making do with what you have.

The rich folks tend to pay others to do the work.

These are generalizations... but fairly accurate.

I love how they did all that work to the radiator grill, then paint the car the crappiest colour of yellow they could find. :p

If you want to motivate me to mod better, send a check :p

(BTW I also take PayPal)

DudeItsMe said:
You mean you fell for it? =P

You'd be surprised how easy it is to trick me. :D I know the car is for sale, how much apparently isn't my business :D But he could have bought a ferrari for what he put into it, that's for sure.

DudeItsMe said:
If you want to motivate me to mod better, send a check :p

(BTW I also take PayPal)
Same here, only thing holding me back from making my dream case is money! I would need a Laser Cutter, CAD software, CNC machine, Dremel tool, Soldering Equipment and Raw Materials!

Back