This weekend, one of my machines goes down...

waltherone

Gawd
but it'll be replaced next week with an ever better one! :D

Decided this old s423 Pentium 4 machine (1.5ghz) is folding way too slow to justify all the heat in my room here where it's at. It's finishing up its current 535pt WU, then when it finishes I'll be shutting it down and replacing it with this Pentium D 915 (which will be OC'ed all to hell) and a gig of ddr2 for some big WU's :D

Hoping to get the 915 up to at least 3.8ghz x 2 (stock is 2.8)... wish me luck :D

Good luck! :cool:

Remember if you stop and restart folding using the -oneunit flag, it will finish that unit, send it in and then shut down the folding client. Then you have no worries about being right in front of the computer when that one finishes up. :)

Killer[MoB] said:
Good luck! :cool:

Remember if you stop and restart folding using the -oneunit flag, it will finish that unit, send it in and then shut down the folding client. Then you have no worries about being right in front of the computer when that one finishes up. :)

Actually didn't know that, thanks

It finishes at like 430am saturday, I work in a bar on weekends and typically get home around 430-5am, so it works out nicely :)

Pent-D machine SHOULD'VE been up tonight, but Fry's shipped me a DOA power supply :(

good luck!

So ... uhh... whatchya doin' with the old parts? :D

BakedON said:
good luck!

So ... uhh... whatchya doin' with the old parts? :D

The two hard drives will get used around the house here, small stuff like the fans, etc will be tossed in my "spare parts" boxes, the rest of it will be ebayed or sold on here for whatever little theyre worth to try to offset the costs of the new machine a bit.

w00t, new folding machine is up and running, currently testing the overclock (testing right now at 3.6ghz for about 30 minutes so far with an instance of Prime95 on each core), about to go up some more, should start folding full speed ahead tomorrow :D

yay more ppd for me :D

Back