Those Aluminum Panaflo fans

If anyone wants any LMK Im going to be clearing out a very large server room shortly and I'm gonna pretty much grab em all, I hit paydirt when I saw em. I know many of you have been searching for these for years as have I, Hell I was so desperate last year I paid $50 for two of em.

got a price? I might be interested in 3.

anyone have dimensions on these? I might have an issue with thickness.

um i'll reserve2 to 4 of them depending on yoru asking price pm me to let me know :).

MaMMa said:
this should be in the FS/FT :rolleyes:
When I get them they will be in the proper forum, If you notice Im not selling them in this section, just letting others know they will soon be available. To the rest of you yes they are 120mm. I think they should be standard 38mm If Im not mistaken, look over MNPCTech worklog for project excalibur for more info on the fans themselver. Should be on the first page.

Zero_Distortion said:
When I get them they will be in the proper forum, If you notice Im not selling them in this section, just letting others know they will soon be available. To the rest of you yes they are 120mm. I think they should be standard 38mm If Im not mistaken, look over MNPCTech worklog for project excalibur for more info on the fans themselver. Should be on the first page.

120x38mm is right; specs on the ones I received> FBH-12G12L, are rated at .2a, 1700RPM @ 32dba and 68CFM ... :)

Jima13 said:
120x38mm is right; specs on the ones I received> FBH-12G12L, are rated at .2a, 1700RPM @ 32dba and 68CFM ... :)
I don't think the dba rating is correct. Specs on these should be virtually the same as their plastic L1A? counterparts if I remember correctly, there was some thermal heat tests done with them and various radiators a few years back.

Zero_Distortion said:
I don't think the dba rating is correct. Specs on these should be virtually the same as their plastic L1A? counterparts if I remember correctly, there was some thermal heat tests done with them and various radiators a few years back.

yeah, Bill Adams did those tests, I believe they are still up at overclockers.com...

as far as the dba, I think it depends on the bearings used, and I can't remember if those use the hydro bearing or not?

count me in for two or three, depends on the price. any idea on how much they will be selling for?

Price will depend on how many I'll have to work with (I want to keep a few around for future mods) I might put one up on eBay and depending on the price it ends at I'll price mine to match that. By the way I went back and there were a few Harolds brand aluminum fans, basically just like the panaflo's but instead of an X shape holding the fan its like a turbine shape, I do not know its specs I will try and find out however.

Keep us posted as to when they become available... I want a few for a project I am working on.

Just what I'm looking for!!! I'll take 3 of them. PM me when you get ready to sell.

so that you can avoid another huge deal about the image...

that's hosted by imageshack..... ;)

oh- and if you can do the same price for me that you paid a couple years back, i'll take two of them.
Hell I was so desperate last year I paid $50 for two of em.

Kerri Ann said:
so that you can avoid another huge deal about the image...

that's hosted by imageshack..... ;)

oh- and if you can do the same price for me that you paid a couple years back, i'll take two of them.
hell if you wanna pay $100 for two fans I won't stop you, I was going to sell them cheaper though.

Zero_Distortion said:
hell if you wanna pay $100 for two fans I won't stop you, I was going to sell them cheaper though.
Give him a "special" price. That way you can sell me "my" 3 fans for next to nothing!!! :D

well, actually, you paid 50 for two right? that's what you said. that's what i would like to pay. 50 for two.

many people complain about the price. You can buy a benz or a honda its all about what you really want and how much your willing to pay. I honestly don't feel a case is worth $150, a $20 case will still hold your motherboard and drives no? But somehow Lian Li, Thermaltake, Silverstone e.t.c. are still in business. So if you don't think it's worth it then its not worth it to you. NEXT!

EnderW said:
I may want 2, but I need to know definite dBA and CFM ratings
See this
Jima13 said:
Since they are obsolete, that's the best info you will find.

Zero_Distortion said:
many people complain about the price. You can buy a benz or a honda its all about what you really want and how much your willing to pay. I honestly don't feel a case is worth $150, a $20 case will still hold your motherboard and drives no? But somehow Lian Li, Thermaltake, Silverstone e.t.c. are still in business. So if you don't think it's worth it then its not worth it to you. NEXT!

You don't have to try to justify your price to me. I don't plan on spending $40+ for a device that moves air, so it is nothing but wasted typing.

Then please do not threadcrap. To the above guy who wants specs there are the H versions. Same fans but with a higher RPM\CFM rating basically if it would be throttled back down to 1700 RPM your specs would be correct, these are ~2700rpm and I recall the CFM rating to be in the 160 range the closest match to the current generation I could find was the H1A and its specs are 2750 RPM and 114 CFM.

Kerri Ann said:
well, actually, you paid 50 for two right? that's what you said. that's what i would like to pay. 50 for two.
oops when I said I paid $50 for two I meant each. Don't worry though I won't make them super pricey but they won't go for nothing. Hell I started with over 50 now Im down to about a dozen. This is without mentioning a price, people just made offers and I accepted em. One guy offered me $100 if I could overnight him 2 fans!!!! needless to say he got two fans the next day with complementary screws, grills and grommets. I even tailed them for him. Then he asked me how much I wanted for all that extra stuff, I was like nothing its enough!

Zero_Distortion said:
Then please do not threadcrap. To the above guy who wants specs there are the H versions. Same fans but with a higher RPM\CFM rating basically if it would be throttled back down to 1700 RPM your specs would be correct, these are ~2700rpm and I recall the CFM rating to be in the 160 range the closest match to the current generation I could find was the H1A and its specs are 2750 RPM and 114 CFM.
ok, let me know a definite price for 1 or 2 shipped to 74403

[Later today I will post it in the FS section, but before I do I will mention it here to give you all a chance.since you seam the most interested. If you guys would like to reserve any (at that price) please PM me, but please do not PM me lowball offers only explicit interested in them at the above price.

hey- just so everyone here knows, i also sell Blue 2 x 24 character LCDs at that same price!!! complete kit with software, install instructions, and mounting hardware.
i'm not trying to steal your business, just letting the people know what kind of alternatives there are.

if you don't want opinions and thread craps, you should definately take this to the FS/T forum!!!

Back