Thoughts on Enermax Liberty 620

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
Running X2 4400(overclocking)
6 HDD's
2 Optical
7800GTX
and a vareity of case fans.
My current PSU is fine at stock speeds but when I try overclocking it overloads and clicks off under load. (verified PSU is the weak point by reducing the load on it and then OCing)

I'm looking at
Epower Tiger 650
Enermax Liberty 620
Zeus 650

I'm pretty much decided on the Enermax unless someone can tell me different.
I like the combined 44A rails compared to the 34A I currently have.

I love mine. Excellent rails, and the overall size is a LOT smaller than my OCZ.

Kil4Thril said:
I love mine. Excellent rails, and the overall size is a LOT smaller than my OCZ.
Thats one thing I noticed. I compared it to my current PSU (an Aspire 520W) and it's WAY WAY smaller which helps since it's an awkward fit into my Xaser Armor

I have the 400Watt version powering the system in my sig. It has been rock solid steady for the last 2 weeeks running 24 hours a day. Highly recommended.

My only beef with the thing is the Eternity cables; I can only use two out of the four and the plugs are oriented backwards so I can't turn my 2 hard drives around in my Antec Sonata. I guess its just a moot thing

I replaced my incompatible AntecHE with a Liberty 500w and it's truly an excellent power supply. It looks fantastic and the cables are quite a bit longer than the Antec. They also provide more modular connections on the power supply though I don't need them. I would not hesitate to recommend this power supply to anyone.

I am glad that my Enermax noise taker works very well with my ABIT boards. I wonder what the issue is with the Neo Antec power supplies? I was able to suspend to RAM with all Fans hard disks off. First time I have seen that to work well.

vck6v3 said:
I have the 400Watt version powering the system in my sig. It has been rock solid steady for the last 2 weeeks running 24 hours a day. Highly recommended.

My only beef with the thing is the Eternity cables; I can only use two out of the four and the plugs are oriented backwards so I can't turn my 2 hard drives around in my Antec Sonata. I guess its just a moot thing
the eternity cables are supposed to be either or thats why the SATA and MOLEX are bunched so close to each other. they're sorta a pain but a good design once you see how it's supposed to work.

ACtually, the Eternity cables work to my advantage. My HDD's are SATA Hitachis that can use either power input. So, my cage of 4 drives will very cleanly use just one complete cable. Also, Enermax will either build you custom cables, or sell you the parts to do so if you contact Tom at 888-778-7878 (per e-mail from Enermax received earlier today. I haven't contacted him yet).

I just bought the Liberty 500W edition.

I'll see how it goes when I get it on Tuesday.

*edit*

NewEgg is taking their sweet time in getting it off to me. So I will post when I get it. Glad I got overnight shipping....maybe I will have it by Friday. :rolleyes:

I'll be getting my Liberty 620 Friday as a warranty upgrade from an EG565P-VE FMA I had trouble with. I only had to pay the difference (based on my original purchase price too, nice!)

I'll let you know more when I install it. I have a windowed case, so I'll try for some photos as well.

vck6v3 said:
I am also running the Enermax Liberty 400, powering the rig in sig. It's rock solid with the OC , and 3 hard drives, and all else listed. and this rig is now folding 24/7 on both cores. i'm sure the higher wattage models are up to the task too.

SKy042 said:
the eternity cables are supposed to be either or thats why the SATA and MOLEX are bunched so close to each other. they're sorta a pain but a good design once you see how it's supposed to work.

I have my hard drives reversed in the X-Qpack so there are no visible wires. Being pata, i didnt need the sata power, and they really got in the way of an already very tight fit.... so i just broke the sata plugs off ;). works out very nicely now.

Are the Cables long enough because I am going to get the Coolermaster 830 stacker
case but was worried about the length and was leaning towards the Pcpower & cooling
510 turbo but there is a price difference enermax 620 $245 , PCpower $385

clubsport said:
Are the Cables long enough because I am going to get the Coolermaster 830 stacker
case but was worried about the length and was leaning towards the Pcpower & cooling

You can have Enermax make you custom cables, simply ask them and they will do it.

my 620's been rock solid.. the only issue I had was with the clips on the molex connector. It's gonna be a problem when you have an ati card that has it's molex flipped.. the clip won't allow you to get the connector pushed in. At least that's how it was with my x800xt. Not a problem now that I have a 7800GT.

clubsport said:

From the included enermax component cable velcro pouch, i pulled my spare cables out to measure for you:

6 pin PCI-e cable - 22.5 inches end to end
4 pin molex + 5 wire sata + 4 pin floppy -
  • 35 inches end to end:
  • end to first sata power 22 inches
  • end to first molex 24 inches
  • end to second sata 28 inches
  • end to second molex 30 inches
  • end to floppy connector 35 inches

As far as the ATX 24 pin and the two 4pin 12v lines, i can't measure them in the case, but they are quite long, as i had to figure out how to take up a lot of slack in the case.

Hope that helps you out

r00k said:
From the included enermax component cable velcro pouch, i pulled my spare cables out to measure for you:

6 pin PCI-e cable - 22.5 inches end to end
4 pin molex + 5 wire sata + 4 pin floppy -
  • 35 inches end to end:
  • end to first sata power 22 inches
  • end to first molex 24 inches
  • end to second sata 28 inches
  • end to second molex 30 inches
  • end to floppy connector 35 inches

As far as the ATX 24 pin and the two 4pin 12v lines, i can't measure them in the case, but they are quite long, as i had to figure out how to take up a lot of slack in the case.

Hope that helps you out

Thanks Man, your great

Back