Thoughts on Gigabyte mobos?

Zallek

Limp Gawd
Heya, I've been in the market for a new board for a while now, still doing my research, but cant quite decide..

Currently I have the white box Asus A8NE-FM/S (the not so good matx one..), that was released just before the A8N-VM\CSM NF430 based board. Its got the same chipset as the ATX A8NE, so I figured it wouldnt be that bad of a first time AMD buyer board.

Its been decent, but it sorta caught fire. Its weird, because I could have sworn the trace that runs the border of the board is the ground, but I guess not, and its fractured in one of the corners due to the fire. Basically, I *was* intending to buy that eVGA SLi matx board, but I've heard such mixed feelings on it Im not really sure anymore. If I got it, I'd be running 2 6800GS' in SLi with a 3700+ Sandy that, if the mobo let, would be overclocked to 2.6ghz. Either that, or this Gigabyte board that I cant seem to find any information on - Gigabyte Board.

My buddy swears by Gigabyte, but I've only ever used Asus, DFI, and MSI boards. Has anyone heard/tried this board before? I've searched here and came up empty handed, and I've googled with little success. Im not to sure about many review sites, so that could be my problem but Im not entirely sure.

That gigabyte board would run me a little less than $100CND, and the eVGA would be closer to $150 to my door. Overclockablility is nice, but isnt required. SLi would be awesome, but again.. Not required.

Any help on this would be great. TIA.

The Gigabyte mobo you're looking at is pretty good, but not much of an OC-er though.

Gigabyte mobos can vary BIG TIME. Sometimes, they absolutely suck, but every once in awhile, they make some decent motherboards.

Back