Three MySpace Execs Depart for New Venture

HardOCP News

[H] News
MySpace sent out a company-wide memo saying that its chief operating officer and two colleagues have decided to leave the company to create a new business venture. MySpace did not comment on replacements for the outgoing execs.

"We're incredibly excited to see what this team creates together and wish them the best of luck as they transition from helping run a company to building a new one," a statement from MySpace read. "Amit, Jim, and Steve depart as great friends of MySpace and of our executive team. They will remain on board for the next few weeks to ensure a smooth transition company-wide."

They are going to make a worm-free version of My Space, calling it My Space Too.

I wonder if in reality this is people jumping ship before it starts to sink....no?

I wonder if in reality this is people jumping ship before it starts to sink....no?

MySpace has it's own niche vs facebook, myspace is well known more for the entertainment / music scene these days then socializing like Facebook has become, some people, somewhere will always prefer the ability to give people seizures with glittery flashing crap.

MySpace has it's own niche vs facebook, myspace is well known more for the entertainment / music scene these days then socializing like Facebook has become, some people, somewhere will always prefer the ability to give people seizures with glittery flashing crap.

I've found myspace to be pretty good for finding new music. I hardly use it to keep in touch with people since everyone's moved to facebook.

Back