Thumbs up XFX

So much for thumbs up XFX.

[ 4/2/2010 6:28:30 PM] Hi, I recently bought 2 XFX HD 5870 video cards but noticed that they only supply a short crossfire bridge. I was wondering if XFX supply`s longer crossfire bridges. The motherboard I am using requires video cards to be in the 1st and 3rd PCI-E slot in order to get the full PCI-E x16 speed. Thanks!

[MARK_C 4/2/2010 6:31:48 PM] Hello, The standard Crossfire configuration is with the cards in slots next to eachother. We do not stock longer bridges. There are longer Crossfire bridges available from other companies. If a motherboard manufacturer is using a non-standard configuration for their slots they should have them. Thank you. Mark

I don't like this Mark C guy. He doesn't seem to know what hes talking about. XFX "did" support longer crossfire bridges, why they stopped stocking them I have no clue.

Pretty sure it doesn't come with a 100mm crossfire cable.

Edit...correction... the XFX x58i comes with TWO 100mm cables (one x-fire and one SLI) plus one three way SLI cable with three pairs of connectors.

Last edited:
I don't like this Mark C guy. He doesn't seem to know what hes talking about. XFX "did" support longer crossfire bridges, why they stopped stocking them I have no clue.

Because they are putting two of them in the x58i motherboard packages, maybe they ran out?

im glad everyone's getting their longer bridges, and it would be nice if they were all black....the ones i have are stupid crossfire orange. as noted by a few others, the bridge really SHOULD BE the motherboard manufacturers responsibility. obviously the card makers are stepping up as they want to make their customers happy and the mobo companies are just passing the buck on this one, but if a mobo maker has spaced slots, it should provide you with at least one long bridge to use those slots. videocard manufacturers shouldnt be resonsible for supporting every single different board config. but again its nice to see people finding what they need and not getting ripped off.

lol holy shit. i just looked in my motherboard box for the hell of it and i didn't even get a crossfire bridge in my asus crosshair 3.....wtf.

Last edited:
My EVGA X58 came with 3 different bridges all for Nvidia SLI unfortunately.

1 - SLI Extra Long
1 - 3-Way SLI
1 - 3-Way SLI Extra Long

So I can get $40 for both of mine that came with my X58i board? ;)

You have two long CF bridges ?

This is what they told me

[ERIK_A 3/31/2010 7:21:39 PM] Hi Lee, I am assuming you have an EVGA motherboard? Unfortunately all we have is the standard sized crossfire bridges availabe at this point. For a short time we had the longer bridges and were sending them as a courtesy, however we ran out and are not expecting them any longer. - Erik

Last edited:
Pretty sure what doesn't come with a 100 mm cable? I hope you weren't replying to my post...because the x58i comes with TWO 100mm Crossfire cables and one three way SLI cable.
Your two ways are one SLi and one CF.....it would make no sence not to have a two way SLi bridge.

Your two ways are one SLi and one CF.....it would make no sence not to have a two way SLi bridge.

You are right, after looking at pictures of the connectors, my XFX x58i came with one 100mm 2 way SLI bridge, one 100mm 2 way Crossfire bridge and one 3 way SLI bridge. If anyone wants to post a pic PM me.

Last edited:
Back