Thunderbird icon when app is min.

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
When I minimize thunderbird, how can I see the thunderbord icon next to the minimized page in my tool bar? It just showws a generic white block that GNOME uses as a generic app I assume?

carloswill said:
When I minimize thunderbird, how can I see the thunderbord icon next to the minimized page in my tool bar? It just showws a generic white block that GNOME uses as a generic app I assume?
You should see it there, unless you have a very light (and I mean white-ish) theme.

no, it uses a generic white page icon for the icon in the box not the thunderbord icon -
Its not that I can't see it, its the fact that Gnome has an icon there, just not the thunderbord one - it seems generic - I need a location of where I can put a custom 16x16 icon in to so that it will be displayed in the bottom panel when minimized.

carloswill said:
no, it uses a generic white page icon for the icon in the box not the thunderbord icon -
Its not that I can't see it, its the fact that Gnome has an icon there, just not the thunderbord one - it seems generic - I need a location of where I can put a custom 16x16 icon in to so that it will be displayed in the bottom panel when minimized.
What version of TB is this?

maybe a thunderbord thing but there should be a place I can manually go to in Linux and force that icon there, no?

carloswill said:
maybe a thunderbord thing but there should be a place I can manually go to in Linux and force that icon there, no?
I'm not so sure about that... more so if all other apps are showing their icons, however if you don't see an icon you may not see it also with some themes for Metacity... which would mean the binary was built without the icon setup ;)

From what I recall, there's a place you can put an icon in the chrome directory that Tbird and Firefox will use as their "window" icon if they see it; I'll look in a second and see if I can find exactly where it is.

yes, my thunderbird is located as so...

/usr/lib/mozilla/thunderbird/chrome/icons/customTbird_icon.png

Back