Tigerdirect Vizio CN15-A5 Intel i7 2.3GHz, 8GB, 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD 640GT LE $699.99

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
Don't know how many will find this to be a hot deal, but I had a really hard time finding a similarly spec'ed laptop for the price.

TigerDirect has the Vizio Ultrabook CN15-A5 for $699.99 down from $1,129.99

TigerDirect Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...e=Homepage-_-Zone2_1-_-CatId_17_VIF-102123450

Manf Link for more info:
http://store.vizio.com/cn15a5.html

Only downsides I see is:

the part number and top line say 15.6" but the description on tigerdirect says 14"

Screen is not touch from what I can see, this may not be a negative for some

Keyboard is not back lit like other ultra books in it's class

mine should be in monday :) can't wait to play with it, still haven't found another notebook in the same price range spec'ed as good as this one.

kind of nervous since it is vizio brand, but I remember seeing them in store a while back and they looked great and seemed sturdy enough.

Last week Costco had an HP Envy 15.6" with 4th gen (43xx?) i7, 12gb ram, 1tb HD, touch screen for $599.

very nice :) don't have a costco anywhere near here (but could have ordered online)
love the backlit keyboards on them

While this one is $100 more, it does offer better graphics (GT640M vs IntelHD4600) and has a 32GB SSD for caching, but 4GB less memory and no backlight.

FYI, the vizio's touchpads are among the wort on the market.

Also Vizio only recently got into the laptop business so there's no long-term reliability to go by.

I have one of their first generation ultrabooks and its been fantastic. My only gripe is with the touchpad. Its not the worst I have ever used (and I don't regret my purchase by a long shot), but its mediocre at best. I use a laptop mouse so its not even a big deal for me.

Besides that, the fit and finish of them are really nice. The keyboard takes a few days to get used to, but it works really well when you get used to how short the actuation travel is. Mine came with as 15.4" 1920x1080 IPS panel that is far and away the best windows laptop screen I have ever seen.

Only downside I can see is that you can't trust TigerDirect in some respects.

Last night I checked their site for an XFX 290x. They showed the item as "in stock".

I promptly purchased one, and paid next day air. They charged my card, and sent a confirmation email.

I checked their site once again out of curiosity, the card still showed as "in stock".

Four and a half hours later I receive an apologetic email, stating that they won't be able to ship until January 3d.

So now I have to wait for them to return the funds they took after placing my order on "Backorder" without asking.

I should have known better, because two months earlier I ordered a charging cover for a galaxy note 3, they pulled nearly the same trick, and I canceled the order after waiting for over a month.

To hell with them, if I can't walk into a store and put my hands on it I'm not spending a penny with them ever again.

Also Vizio only recently got into the laptop business so there's no long-term reliability to go by.

LOL other than the fact that all components and laptops from all major OEMs are close in reliability because they are all outsourced to the same hand full of system builders use similar internal parts.

On a plus note, everywhere I go, people ask me what laptop I am using. It looks great on a desktop and looks a lot thinner than it actually is. I get all kinds of compliments on the screen and how its all aluminum. For those of you on the edge of buying, I would say give it a shot. Mine is powerful, fast, very well built, light, thin, and just works well. I've done a lot on it from gaming, to spending hours monitoring vsphere and VMs.

Can I back order an item that is out-of-stock?
Yes, you can backorder certain items even when they are sold out or out-of-stock. A backorder will not be charged or shipped until all items on the order are in stock. A backordered item may have an ETA, although it is subject to change without notice.

Looks like their computer system doesn't follow their own policies, because they charged me and their system still hasn't reversed the charge.

Now I get to wait until the next working day to hope they unfuck the situation, so it looks like I've effectively given TG what amounts to an $600 operating loan to float their business for 5 or 6 days. And now when I go to check my order on their site, the order no longer exists in my account. It doesn't show as canceled, it doesn't show up at all. If I didn't have the order number recorded myself, it would be another potential quotient of cluster fuck.

I wonder how many people they do this to..............

What truly pisses me off, is that the EGG actually had the card in stock before I purchased at TG, and now it's out of stock. TG's lying ass may have screwed up my Xmas delivery window considering the mining craze.

I hope not, but you want to talk about being pissed off then? lol.

Last edited:
Back