Time to 'fix' it

Ever since I put my wc rig together several months ago, I've been thinking of a better way to do it. I'm thinking most of us here on the forums are the same way. The [H]ard are always thinking of ways to 'fix' things that aren't broken. :D Here's a link to my original worklog.

Here's what I'm starting off with...

New WC setup 2 006 (Small).jpg

I'm going to try to put a dual hc in the front of my case. I think I can fit it in there by removing one of the 3.5" bays. It's going to be tight though. The hc is a little over 10 3/4" long and after removing the bay it will leave me a bit less than 11". We'll see...

New WC setup 2 007 (Small).jpg

My temps right now aren't bad 44c idle and 53c load. Not sure if you can see this very well but I have a pretty good kink in this hose. I'm sure that's not helping much. I'm eliminating my nb wb and adding a vga wb. Once I do that the tubing won't have to make nearly the bend that it does now. Just another reason why I needed to 'fix' my rig.

New WC setup 2 008 (Small).jpg

I'm going to have to reroute all my tubing and find another place to mount my pump. I'm kinda bummed about the pump. I really like it stashed away up there.

That's all for now. I'm gonna tear it all apart and start cutting now. Hopefully I'll be back up and running by tonight. :cool:

**UPDATE**

Got it put back together last night at about 1:30am. I'm still tweeking it a bit but everything looks good, no leaks. I was a little worried cuz my hc came pretty banged up. I'll post some more pics later but right now it's time to catch up on some sleep.

Sideroxylon said:
**UPDATE**

Got it put back together last night at about 1:30am. I'm still tweeking it a bit but everything looks good, no leaks. I was a little worried cuz my hc came pretty banged up. I'll post some more pics later but right now it's time to catch up on some sleep.

It is normal for the heatercore to have bangs and dents in it. Auto companies dont care if the heatercore is spot on perfect, all they care is if it will transfer heat decently enough and not leak. Basically as long as it doesn't leak it is good to go.

Sorry it's taken so long to post the end results. Rest assured that I 'fixed' it. I know all of you have been holding your breath waiting for this. ;)

New WC setup 2 010 (Small).jpg

Here's the parts I'm putting in.

New WC setup 2 013 (Small).jpg

The old setup coming out. The 2 BIX sandwich I have there just wasn't cutting it. Blowing warm air from the first rad into the second just wasn't optimal. Time to fit in that dual hc.

New WC setup 2 014 (Small).jpg

Gonna have to do some cutting on the front.

New WC setup 2 015 (Small).jpg

Had to cut out the bottom floppy bay.

New WC setup 2 016 (Small).jpg

Test fit. Like a glove.

New WC setup 2 022 (Small).jpg

Test fit with major compnents.

New WC setup 2 025 (Small).jpg

With the fans and my custom ghetto cardboard and duct tape shroud. :D

New WC setup 2 029 (Small).jpg

Final assembly.

New WC setup 2 035 (Small).jpg

Lit up.

New WC setup 2 038 (Small).jpg

The front.

New WC setup 2 037 (Small).jpg

New WC setup 2 044 (Small).jpg

I know...cheesy as hell, but I couldn't resist myself. :rolleyes: That temp on the Aerogate is actually water temp not cpu.

I'm pretty happy with the new setup. CPU temps have improved to 38c/46c and GPU has gone from 36c/59c to 28c/36c.This is with an ambient of 20c or so. I have the fans running at 25% and get only a marginal decrease in temps at full speed. My flow has increased and it's quite a bit quieter. Only thing that kinda bums me out is the pump placement. But I really have no place else to put it. All in all though I think it was well worth it to 'fix' her up. :)

Nice setup. I'm gonna start building a setup around the exact same case here pretty soon. It'll be cooling my cpu and vid card also, but I was planning on mounting a 3x120mm radiator in the top, have air intakes in the top 3 drivebays along with my dual modified mcp350 pumps in series mounted in custome brackets behind them. It'll probably be a while before it's done though with the brackets that need to be made and the big honking hole i've gotta cut in the top of the case.

I noticed your rad is faced with the barbs down, thats gotta be murder to get all the air out.

plywood99 said:
I noticed your rad is faced with the barbs down, thats gotta be murder to get all the air out.

Hasn't been a problem. I just lay it on it's side for a couple secs when bleeding. My last setup had a rad laying sideways and upside down and never had any problems there either.

Very nice! I especially like your LCD message, is it a Crystal Fontz display? What did you add to get that nice aqua blue color?

Back