time to step it up0 a notch....

BakedON

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2006
Well I've been in a rut lately... sorry to be letting you guys down.
My production dropped quite a bit for a little while there and it's because stuff keeps dying and I haven't been around enough to fix everything.

My task list:
Borg my new laptop (I haven't cleared a spot for it... hardly an excuse to have it sit there and do nothing)
Replace hs/f in my gaming box. It only runs for an hour or so then dies when the hs/f cuts out. It's been off till I could find a new fan. I have one now so it should get done tonight.
Replace the memory in one of my lab PC's. It's having all sorts of OS issues and I'm sure it's just bad memory.
Rebuild a 1.0 P3 that I have in my farm at home.... it croaked and I think a cap on the board blew. :(

The good news is that I borged two more 2.4ghz P4's here in the office and I should have the rest of my farm back in order later today/tomorrow.

Sorry I've been slackin'.

I just got a 2400+ back up a couple of days ago that blew some caps around the memory. I was really suprised when it started booting again after replacing those caps. It finished a WU yesterday with a bad crc checksum, so I'm hoping it will start returning good units again. It's a PITA keeping up with machines once you get up over 5 or so.

wouldn't be so bad if they were all in the same spot... but I have em all over the place now.
I need to borg my dad's desktop though..... that's the only one I haven't gotten to.

I don't find managing 6 machines to be much trouble for the most part. The most difficult thing is that none of them make their homes with me right now even though three of them should be. As of now, I see my personal machines maybe twice a week and that makes it difficult to administer to them. I think there may be something wrong with one of them and hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out tonight.

Yeah I have been down also....only 1 machine right now. 1 lost to powersupply, 2 borg's down although one is in marty's heap and maybe the other soon, and i have lost contact with 2 remote borg's!

Ground control to all my borgs.....
Ground control to all my borgs.....

We've lost contact and you're not producing......
Man that really sux......

(david bowie is screaming in agony right now.....)

Back