Tip for seeing if a Target near you has 360's

flapbreaker

Limp Gawd
Got this from a website recently. Havn't tried it yet.

If you call guest services sometime after midnight but before 8 AM (why before 8? Because that’s when the stores open) go through the VRU to inquire about the availability of an item and they will ask for some of your personal info (name, address, phone number, email, etc) and then the SKU/Item number you’d like them to do an inventory search for. They will search the inventory database with in a certain radius of your home zip code and tell you what stores have them in their inventory as of the refresh from the prior night. I only had to use this method for 2 days before I got my 360 this morning.

Guest services 1-800-303-0308

premium xbox 360 207-21-0001
core xbox 360 207-21-0002

for some reason it keeps telling me they are closed and to call during business hours wtf...

OR, I could go in to target at 2am like I do every day, check the truck manifest to see if we are getting any that day, grab the first one I see while I'm unloading the truck and hide it until my shift is over at 10:30.... If I wanted one in the first place.

My Target has been getting as steady stream of them for the last week or so (two or three every couple of days)

CodeEx said:
OR, I could go in to target at 2am like I do every day, check the truck manifest to see if we are getting any that day, grab the first one I see while I'm unloading the truck and hide it until my shift is over at 10:30.... If I wanted one in the first place.

My Target has been getting as steady stream of them for the last week or so (two or three every couple of days)

Scum bag! :)

Tried to call too just now and got the same "we are closed" message. Maybe they were getting too many calls and shut off the system. They also had a "If you are calling about xbox availability press 1", so on the second called I pressed 1 and all it was was some spiel about how they're limited and not all targets get em blah blah blah.

Called yesterday at 5:30cst - navigated through menu, got 'closed' opens at 7:00
Called yesterday at 7:10cst - navigated through menu, it rang, got placed on hold for 10 minutes, someone answered but apparently not well, they hung up on me.
Called yesterday at 10:30cst - same as above, waited 15 minutes, they hung up on me when it went through.

At that point of course I WAS going to get through - just for sheer principle of no one hangs up on me like that =P

DID get someone finally (after another 20 minutes of hold) and true enough, I gave him first/last name, zip, he found the 3 closest Targets and checked their stock.. took quite a while, 10 minutes or so for this. Of course, nothing in stock (I'd been checking these three stores semi-daily anyway as they are rather close - so I wasn't surprised). I ask him to find the closest to me in the country (admittedly a stretch)... and according to them the closest to Minneapolis was in Colorado. I politely thanked him for his time and gave up on that process.

Sooooooooo... yeah, time to break out my cold weather gear, it'll be a long night outside Bestbuy tomorrow...

Even though I decided not to get a 360 due to the hype and avalibility...I tried calling this morning just to see if this method would work. After about 5 minutes on the phone with a couple of reps I got only one location in my area that supposedly has 6 premiums this morning. Thats better than nothing...I was even tempted to turn around from my morning commute to work to go over there and buy one. If I was so evil I could probably show up to best buy on sunday afternoon, wait for someone who showed up late and sell it to em for a quick profit (but I am not...hehe, or am I, jk...damn u MS). Anyways, I would recommend anybody thinking about the visiting best buy on sunday try this out first or if they don't succeed.

They lie to you too. I called the E.P. Target and they said they were out of stock until the 23rd. Then I had to go pay my T-Mobile bill at the kiosk in the E.P. Center Mall and dropped by the E.P. Target there.

Picked up the core system and the HDD.

:D

I actually got my 360 this way last week. Called Target up to check stock and a store about 30 miles away had some, so I went there and was able to buy one. Glad I didn't have to put up with waiting in line for hour like many have.

Back