tip my hat to capcom for an awesome portof Street Fighter 4

rcf1987

2[H]4U
I picked up SF4 last night loaded it up and wow the game looks fantastic and is ported great. I can max it out and stay at 60fps. The fighting is fun and the 2 player on one computer is great. I like how you have to know what to do and cant just button mash and win. I would highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a great fighting game. I use the 360 controller and I get by can anyone recommend a good fighting pad (no stick I like joy pads more)

the xbox is the best pad for it personally since ive been playing SF4 on xbox for months now.

Im looking at the fighting sticks ;)

I absolutely agree that they did a good job of making SF4 work well for the PC "port" (I'm aware it runs on a PC in the arcades, but you know what I mean). I'm able to stay at 60fps at all times at 2560x1600 with 8x AA, and enjoy it a lot with just a 360 pad that I use for this and other games such as Burnout Paradise, Grid, Devil May Cry 4, etc.

It's enjoyable with the 360 pad, even though it clearly limits my inputs at times. If I had the urge to devote more time to it and become a "serious" player I'd probably go for a joystick pad of some type.

The online features just plain work, and matchmaking especially is fine with customizable options for your searches + quick and smooth lobbies. The ranking system is tracked online with a disconnect % even, which is a nice stat to have.

Kudos to Capcom on this one... I paid full price for it and for the first time on a game in a long time that I bought like that, I feel it was worth it and that I've gotten my money's worth at minimum.

360 dpad sucks though

I use the analog stick, believe it or not ;). Plus that's not a fault of the game, it depends on what controller you use with it. Since I already owned a 360 pad, it was free to use it with this ;) and gives me an enjoyable experience still anyway.

lol I will probably pick the game up some controller for usb. Ive recently bought my sister a snes and it came with street fighter 2, so ive been playing that.

The 360 pad still sucks, lol.

PS3 pad is superior to the 360 pad for fighting games, hands down.

Arcade sticks are greater than gamepads for me, and to many people.

The analog stick is surprisingly easy to use but I personally bought a fightpad to tide me over until I decide to buy a fightstick.

The 360 pad still sucks, lol.

PS3 pad is superior to the 360 pad for fighting games, hands down.

Arcade sticks are greater than gamepads for me, and to many people.

Oh I know they're much better, I'm just saying that it isn't the fault of the game that I don't own an arcade joystick :p.

Yeah I agree, the port is very well done. There are absolutely no annoying issues with it, the settings all work perfectly and the game runs smoothly. I use a xbox 360 usb controller with it and it works just fine.

It is an excellent port, my only complaint is GFWL which just has the shittiest UI. Also wish they had incorporated a chat function for the lobby waiting system instead of relying on GFWL's shitty messaging and mic implementation.

Since the engine works so well, i keep wondering if this means they'll be able to use it as a basis for more fighting games. Darkstalkers or Marvel vs Capcom comes to mind.

the xbox is the best pad for it personally since ive been playing SF4 on xbox for months now.

Im looking at the fighting sticks ;)

Um... the 360 D-pad is the worst out of the three. Mainly because Nintendo and Sony own most patents for it, and MS is left out in the cold.

Since the engine works so well, i keep wondering if this means they'll be able to use it as a basis for more fighting games. Darkstalkers or Marvel vs Capcom comes to mind.

MvC with the SF4 engine? Sounds like pure awesome to me.

Yup, awesome port, supports the xbox controller right of the box, and as well as my ps2 to pc converter with zero setup required. I am very impressed (even has rumble on the ps2 controller). I also find the ps2 controller a lot easier to use than the 360, but thats just my opinion.

I don't like the xbox controller because I just am not used to it. I can do a playstation controller.

Anyone care to share the best way to get the ps controller hooked into my pc?

Also, can it be played with just the keyboard very well?

totally agree capcom did a good job on the pc version. Just picked it up on steam this weekend and got a fightpad from BB. Great framerate and looks awesome on a 1080p monitor.

Highly recommend for something different during the summer gaming drought.

This game is disappointing. Chung Li looks like a transvestite. The characters are a big turn off. At least add some cool camera movements and some characters combo or moves.

This game is disappointing. Chung Li looks like a transvestite. The characters are a big turn off. At least add some cool camera movements and some characters combo or moves.

lol transvestite, maybe, she has some disproportionate legs

yah chun li's legs are like an entirely separate character... They are massive. Much bigger than I remember from back in my nintendo days.

lol transvestite, maybe, she has some disproportionate legs

Meh, I'm talking about her face. They all look like zombies. I just hate their ugly dark messy toon/cel lines render on the characters. The game is a bit too mechanical. Looks should've been a bit smooth and movements a bit more flowing like the trailer. The characters should at least have some kind of life to them when not being use instead of being a dead zombie in a pose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-TT-7Utm8

Last edited:
So I take it other people noticed her gnarly looking man hands? I was just playing SF4 10 minutes ago and her hands look like they're made of leather. As for the movements.. they're pretty damn smooth considering how similar the game is to the 2d versions. They need to have responsive movements.

So I take it other people noticed her gnarly looking man hands? I was just playing SF4 10 minutes ago and her hands look like they're made of leather.

Life is hard in China. Leather hands and legs of steel for everyone.

I'm still finding out how different this is from the last Street Fighter I played. Like the shortcuts they added for square-gate users...once you figure those out, not only does it make it easier to do a bunch of combos on any controller, but it explains why sometimes you do moves by accident.

I learned a ton about the game just trying to do Dhalsim's medium kick to light Yoga Flame combo. Ugh. In the old SF games you would have done back+kick, then the whole motion of forward, df, down, db, back+punch. Impossible to do quickly enough for a combo. Found out with the shortcut system you just have to hold back+kick, press df, then back+punch...easy. :rolleyes:

They even make fun of her in the game about it. I think when Crimson Viper defeats her, she tells her that men are turned off by such muscular legs.

I love this game by the way. It is very well priced too.

you obviously dont know nothing about games if you think this game is disappointing.

Go back to WoW. kthnx,

yeah the characters in the game dont have any combos or moves... they just kina stand around :rolleyes:

yeah the characters in the game dont have any combos or moves... they just kina stand around :rolleyes:

Wow, you are retarded. Please just shut up. What I'm saying is that there should new extra moves or combos to the game than just 3D graphics. Give people something new not just a terrible 3D graphics.

Last edited:
Asia its not my fault you don't know how to play the game.

Take a chill pill, breathe, relax. No need to act like a child.

You have your opinion on the game, its not our fault you dont know how to do combos.

This game I've been palying for months and still learning new shit.

Example. Sheruken focus dash cancels into ultras. is a basic 1. I guarantee you dont even know what im talking about. Let alone have any other knowledge on tactics.

This game is full of strategic moves. And So many different kind of online players that have different strategies. Some aggressive. some defensive.

Anyways. I love this game, think its the best game out there. Thats My opinion.
Thanks

I switched to using analog sticks for fighting games after Mortal Kombat 4 came out, was surprised how well it worked and the xBox 360 controller is just one of the best pads out there.

Freaking great game, but i get PWNED bad! Need to practice more i guess, last night i played againts the same guy for a dozen game, owned me everytime! decades ago i would dominate the arcades at that game (SF2), times have changed!

Back