Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ Heatsink or Prolimatech

Quak3R

Gawd
Hello,
Recently I purchased a q9550 cpu witha evga 780i sli ftw motherboard and a antec 900 case. Right now I dont beleive which one of these heatsinks I buy would be a space issue, But I want the best air cooler, reading frostytech, the Titan is the way to go but I've also been reading good reviews on the Prolimatech. which one would be better.

Wish I could give ya some idea. I've been looking for the Titan, but can't find it anywhere.

I'm not familiar with that Titan heatsink, but I will say that it is not a great idea to put your faith completely in FrostyTech's results. They do not test with actual CPUs, and they have been known to obtain oddly inaccurate results, like better performance for the Thermalright Ultra-120 compared to the Ultra-120 Extreme, which is certainly not the case in reality. I recommend that you check out some reviews of that cooler performed by other sources, just to make sure that it actually has the kind of performance you're looking for.

The Scythe Mugen 2 is a great cooler for the money if you can put up with the installtion hassle.

Back