Titanium HD Question regarding headphones

ModKip

n00b
Is there a way to switch between my speakers and headphones withoiiut having to unplug the headphones? whenever I plug them in the signal automatically goes to them and I can't switch it back without unplugging them.

Another thing is the sound card does not seem to be giving enough power to the cans? Even at max volume and yes I plugged them into the back of the card and not the front panel. I'm using a steelseries 5hv2 and audionengine a5's.

Yeah. Get a receiver like a Denon 589 and feed it the optical out from your x-fi. Might be another suggestion but it works great for me.

id raather return it ana dget an stx which you can swap between headphone and sp[eaker...

You might have a card or headphone problem - that card (which I just bought but can't use till I build my next system with PCIe) should handle the 40 Ohm impedance of the phones you are using easily -it is rated for30-330 Ohms.

anyone? I needsome fix suggestions also how to switch between headphones and speakers??

I just realized the card isn't seeing the headphones and the speakers as different devices? if I go into windows sound it says the headphones are speakers? if I unplug them the same sound just goes to the speakers?

Ok guys is there a way to stop the headphones from muting the speakers when they are plugged in?

Doest matter whether I plug it in the back or in the front panel they always mute the speakers, its a pain in the ass to unplug them constantly.

Isn't there a headphone mode in the Creative software? I'm on my laptop right now so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure it's just a setting you change.

I had this same trouble with the Auzentech Forte, which also uses the X-fi chip. I talked with support and they said you can't just get sound through one at a time. It comes through both no matter what. It's part of the reason I returned it and decided not to get an X-fi card.

FYI on the Forte you can change the output device to headphones and it will mute the speakers. Even with this option I would still not buy another one as there are serious issues with the card and there support is terrible. Mine just died after a little over one year old and blew one of my monitors in the process. I am trying to RMA the card but my support ticket is over one week old and has not been touched yet.

Back