TJ-07 or Stacker 830?

vertigofm

Weaksauce
I can't decide on a choice between these two cases. I am going to be Overclocking so obviously cooling is probably my biggest concern- so which case would you say has better cooling? The Silverstone TJ07 or Coolermaster stacker 830? And if the CM does have better cooling... is that with all those extra fans on the side and stuff or is it just standard. Sorry I don't mean to complicate things, I just don't want to buy the stacker and have to install the 9 extra fans to equal the cooling ot a TJ07.

I would go with the stacker since it has more room to move the air around. If its just air then IMO the stacker would be better with all the open hole, vents, etc.

It also depends on if you plan on going water or even phase.

Do I have to get all those fans on the side of the case to keep it cool? Because a window would be nicer. And how many fans should I get? You can get 4 on the side, 3 in front, 1 exhaust and 1 vent. I was thinking 2 in front, 1 exhaust and 1 vent (they are all 120mm). Would that be sufficient? And what if I went with those Delta 130cfm fans, would those be good to go with or are those overkill? Again I will be Overclocking

Place the fans is all up to you, messing around with fan placement should be a good way to see whats working and whats not.

I like the TJ07 design but the stacker would most likely prove to be better for an ocer.

Why not get both :)

vertigofm said:
Do I have to get all those fans on the side of the case to keep it cool? Because a window would be nicer. And how many fans should I get? You can get 4 on the side, 3 in front, 1 exhaust and 1 vent. I was thinking 2 in front, 1 exhaust and 1 vent (they are all 120mm). Would that be sufficient? And what if I went with those Delta 130cfm fans, would those be good to go with or are those overkill? Again I will be Overclocking

Damn thats a lot of fans, that shit is going to be loud, why not just go water and save yourself the headache?

I don't think you can go wrong with either case, but if you're really thinking about massive airflow then I guess the CM830....

from what i have read. the cm830 on coolermaster forum has been experiencing lots of problems

Stacker 830's edging is terrible. Not only meaning for dangerous but for low quality cutting. About this point , if you are going to pay much money for case , more better qulity case is better. In my opinion T07 will be better , if I choose from the two. :)

IMO, I would get the TJ-07. If your willing to spend $360 on a case, it should scream classy high-end rig. The only good thing going for the 830 is the cooling options (more precisely, the eyesore of 120mm fans on the side panel). Coolermaster doesnt build true High-End flagship cases anymore. All the talent that made the ATC line famous left for Silverstone.

But hey, if you like the look of the 830 and extreme airflow is critical, go for the 830.

TJ07 hands down. Not only is the Stacker 830 fugly, but just like was said there are number of complaints with the 830. Not to mention that it uses a lot of plastic and other low quality parts. The TJ07 is all aluminum (no plastic) and the cooling is fantastic!

NV-man said:
TJ07 hands down. Not only is the Stacker 830 fugly, but just like was said there are number of complaints with the 830. Not to mention that it uses a lot of plastic and other low quality parts. The TJ07 is all aluminum (no plastic) and the cooling is fantastic!

Will I notice big temperature differences between the stacker and the tj07?

The Stacker is about 100 dollars less- But here is the thing, I had a bad experience with the mid-tower kingwin K424. I OC'd my system with a P4... and my room gets hot, like 75-80 degrees at times. And the case has 2 90mm intake and 1 90 mm exhaust at the end of the case. And it was so hot and stuffy in that case that it caused all sorts of problems. Now I'm just like, I want to make sure I do it right- I want a case that will have awesome quality as well as superior cooling so I don't have to worry if its an 80 day in my room. Thanks for ur help guys, you all are awesome!

monopixel said:
Yeah , agree. TJ07's air flow is odd :confused:

Do u mean Kingwin K424?

Well I am still stuck in between the two cases, it seems like people on both sides say different things. I just wish I could find a case with CM cooling ability/space/fans and the ability of a window- with Silverstone quality...

Go with the cm830 case it did have minor issues, but they were all fixed, that what the Reps said from Coolermaster? Anyway I bought mine and i can't wait to get it?
GOOD LUCK

TJ07 is brilliantly designed, the hot components (PSU, HDD) are all tucked away in a seperate compartment with their own dedicated cooling and the rest of the system is cooled by other 4 dedicated fans. I don't think that one should worry about the graphics cards running too hot, as long as the air is being circulated and moved around everything is fine, and since heat rises all of it is taken out the top of the case. Definitely go with the TJ07! The ATCS guys know what they're doing, Cooler Master doesn't. All they did is stuff as many fans into a case as possible, that's not smart designing, it's retarded.

well I own a TJ07 and I do not regret buying it one bit. My only real qualms are that my video cards do get about 3-5C higher, and the back panel puts alot of pressure against the HDD connections. Maybe get some right angle connectors and the problem would be solved. It is very quiet and stable, and looks incredible! Go with the silverstone.

I'd say go for the TJ07 its a big and beautiful case, the CoolerMaster just doesn't have the same level of class.

Stroker said:
well I own a TJ07 and I do not regret buying it one bit. My only real qualms are that my video cards do get about 3-5C higher, and the back panel puts alot of pressure against the HDD connections. Maybe get some right angle connectors and the problem would be solved. It is very quiet and stable, and looks incredible! Go with the silverstone.

Change the fans on the TJ07....the current ones are meant more for quiet than cooling. They seem to have relatively low cfm.

at this forum of

http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/index.php

it has bunches of complaints about the case. i'm sure there are a lot for the silverstone one but not as much as i have read.
the coolermaster has problems with the pci card fitting in the slots and power supply section being too small for high end power supplied. also the mesh in the front and side is a dust attraction

Maybe that's why I haven't seen any threads on the CM830 after it came out. It's been out longer than the TJ07 and I have seen hardly any mention of it since it came out ! :confused:

What kind of fans do you reccomend getting for the TJ07 then? Those deltas are good but they are 25 each and probably insanely loud....

vertigofm said:
I can't decide on a choice between these two cases. I am going to be Overclocking so obviously cooling is probably my biggest concern- so which case would you say has better cooling? The Silverstone TJ07 or Coolermaster stacker 830? And if the CM does have better cooling... is that with all those extra fans on the side and stuff or is it just standard. Sorry I don't mean to complicate things, I just don't want to buy the stacker and have to install the 9 extra fans to equal the cooling ot a TJ07.

one word .. water

How would a water cooling system fit into the TJ07? Also what about this comment, is it true?

"Yeah , agree. TJ07's air flow is odd"

Coolermaster doesnt build true High-End flagship cases anymore

Totally, couldn't agree more. I used to hold Coolermaster gith up there with Lian Li and Silverstone. But like much else in the IT world, only two exist at the top, LL and SS.

You will not notice a marked difference in cahssis cooling. Besides, how loud do you want the thing to be. I ordered a Temjin tj07, but do not have it yet. The number of fans actually turned me off at first, but I am replacing all of them with SilenX fans.

Anyway, the tjo7 oozes class, and high quality. It's compartments are practical and well thought out. Also, the aluminum is top quality as the main chassis was a single extrusion.

The Stacker is cool, but to me it's like one overdone blowing machine. Since I might put the res in harddrive area in my tj07, I may move the harddrives to the bays via Lian Li ex-23 hard drive bays. It is a 3 hd frame that goes in your 5 1/4" front bays; with that being siad, it might add to your needs as it has fans and air inlets. That will add in frontal air intake and dsitributin throughout the case. Just thought such a move might suit your thermal needs.

Good luck on the choice.

vertigofm said:
The Stacker is about 100 dollars less- But here is the thing, I had a bad experience with the mid-tower kingwin K424. I OC'd my system with a P4... and my room gets hot, like 75-80 degrees at times. And the case has 2 90mm intake and 1 90 mm exhaust at the end of the case. And it was so hot and stuffy in that case that it caused all sorts of problems. Now I'm just like, I want to make sure I do it right- I want a case that will have awesome quality as well as superior cooling so I don't have to worry if its an 80 day in my room. Thanks for ur help guys, you all are awesome!

I dont think you reall understand what PC cooling does. All it does is move the heat from your processor to the air in your case. Then moves the air from your case into your room. Whether you have the best cooling ever or no cooling at all, your pc still makes the same amount of heat and your room will get equally hot. Number of fans won't make a difference.

Unless of course you made your pc airtight to trap all the heat inside it.....

Plus, you were peferring to your old Pentium 4. Those things were space heater. Now current AMD and Intel chips run a lot cooler.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
I dont think you reall understand what PC cooling does. All it does is move the heat from your processor to the air in your case. Then moves the air from your case into your room. Whether you have the best cooling ever or no cooling at all, your pc still makes the same amount of heat and your room will get equally hot. Number of fans won't make a difference.

Unless of course you made your pc airtight to trap all the heat inside it.....

Ha, tell that to my Kingwin K424... maybe its because it was a midtower... But that thing was an inferno inside

FlimFlam said:
I ordered a Temjin tj07, but do not have it yet. The number of fans actually turned me off at first, but I am replacing all of them with SilenX fans.

I'll buy those fans off of ya for $20!

vertigofm said:
How would a water cooling system fit into the TJ07? Also what about this comment, is it true?

yea .. nobody will ever water down a TJO7 :rolleyes:

If you want to water cool get the origional stacker! I was looking at all 3 of these cases and ended up with the origional stacker. It was IMO the easiest to watercool, and has plenty of room for modifications in the future, hell I may just put another 120x2 in there...

Ended up the 830 just did not cut it for me, the TJ07 is very nice.

However I have no regrets with my decision.

Well I should be getting my case this week. I ordered the SlienX fans, So I should begin work on my machine soon.

Anyway, if you want, we can strike a deal if you are serious. Just e-mail me in about a week or PM me. By the way, I am sending my case off to get it painted, so I will post a work log as I go.

Flim.

In everyones opinion- does the TJ07 have enough fans for good circulation and cooling? I mean... I am gonna OC

My last CM case was a Praetorian. It was a good case at the time, but I needed more room. That was when they had the ATCS team. I've since moved on to LL's and finally a TJ07 - my first Silverstone. It was expensive, but worth it. It is definately a work of art and very sturdy for an aluminum case, more so than any LL I ever owned.

WarLust said:
My last CM case was a Praetorian. It was a good case at the time, but I needed more room. That was when they had the ATCS team. I've since moved on to LL's and finally a TJ07 - my first Silverstone. It was expensive, but worth it. It is definately a work of art and very sturdy for an aluminum case, more so than any LL I ever owned.

Ok I know it looks good and its sturdy... but the most important thing is does it cool better or on par with the Stacker. I admit it looks better then the stacker but I just want cooling performance, and I like big cases for plenty of room to work with

The Stacker 830 may be better as a pure air OC'ing case. But I like the TJ07 better all around. I think it is a better quality machine. I OC, but I am on water....check my sig.

Mixman said:
The Stacker 830 may be better as a pure air OC'ing case. But I like the TJ07 better all around. I think it is a better quality machine. I OC, but I am on water....check my sig.

Is the cooling signifigantly better or just minor?

Don't know never owned the 830, but I guess if you put all 9 fans in it should be cool......but it may be loud also !

Mixman said:
Don't know never owned the 830, but I guess if you put all 9 fans in it should be cool......but it may be loud also !

See it's just so hard to tell... I mean, as one other person said... Does 9 fans beat the "thermal design" of the TJ07?

Back