TJ-07 or Stacker 830?

I would vote TJ07 aswell
The 830 is no Stacker.. looks like something TT should have made.

Only thing I would change about the Silverstone TJ07
Is the the rear intakes; switch them to exhausts (turn them around).

Majin said:
I would vote TJ07 aswell
The 830 is no Stacker.. looks like something TT should have made.

Only thing I would change about the Silverstone TJ07
Is the the rear intakes; switch them to exhausts (turn them around).

its totally fine to have rear intakes. i switched my ATC-210 to rear intakes, and thats what im doing with my TJ-03. no problem, as long as you have approx equal intake and exhaust.

Silverstone knows what they're doing...They wouldn't have designed this case without first testing, and finding the best combination of performance and cooling. This case is designed to be used with high-end parts, and Silverstone knows this. Go for the TJ07 :)

vertigofm said:
In everyones opinion- does the TJ07 have enough fans for good circulation and cooling? I mean... I am gonna OC

man why people spend zillions on air flow and resist going to water is beyond me .. i'll never go back to air .. make the plunge dude

I would like to hear more feedback from the 830 owners. What's up with the case ? Would it fit a large water system ? How quiet is it with several fans.....etc.

vertigofm said:
How would a water cooling system fit into the TJ07? Also what about this comment, is it true?

"Yeah , agree. TJ07's air flow is odd"

I meant to say rear 90x2 intake and 120x2 exhasted for the rear top corner airflow is concern. Not equal fan mount also makes more noises. This is just my opinion.

The botom chamber's airflow seems to be good :)

malicious said:
man why people spend zillions on air flow and resist going to water is beyond me .. i'll never go back to air .. make the plunge dude

its expensive and the risk of leaking... a good watercooling system goes between 250-350

vertigofm said:
Why should they be exhaust? Then that only leaves 2 intakes at the bottom....

I have my rear fans set as exhaust as well. The bottom intakes , which are two 120mm, plus the mesh all along the bottom provide for enough cool air from the bottom to circulate through the top fans. Remember, hot air rises, cold air settles, so what you are doing is sucking in the cooler air at ground level (if your case is on the floor) and sucking it up through the top fans and the rear fans, thus cooling the CPU, memory, and the peripherals below it, i.e. graphics card(s). Even without the bottom 120mm fans, it would still be ver efficient because of the mesh bottom. The bottom 120mm fans are really there for direct HDD cooling.

No matter how many fans you have your overclocking performance is going to be limited to your heatsink and how much surface area it has. To be ownest all those case fans are not really going to be helping you with overclocking that much. its only when you get up to things like sli, dual cpus and lots of hard drives that you really need something like 9 fans. If you really wanna get a good overclock go for water. I went and bought a complete kit the gigabtye 3d galaxy and at my maxium voltage of 1.5 i load at 40 deg cel this is with the fan on its lowest speed. I take my computer to lans all the time and have never experienced a leak as long as you have the hose clamps on. you only need to get an expencive kit when you are cooling your graphics card as well. with water you will be limited by your parts not your temps. And i would go for the tj07 because it is just a better all round case and is really great for water cooling. oh and the 9 fans on them 830 are optional you need to by them which will probiably cost you more than a water cooling setup anyway.

my vote - I'd go silverstone over stacker.
it's the lesser of two evils imo :)

but it really comes down to your preference. aluminum case w/ WC potential or steel cavern of a case w/ WC potential.

I personally I like mid tower cases - even for WC'ing.
I don't like seeing cases that have gobs of unused space that makes atx boards look like matx's.
but if you're looking to put a ton of WC hardware in there, then make that a priority and i think either of those two cases will provide ample space.

I bought a CM 830 a week ago from newegg along with all the parts for my new conroe build, ALL problems have been solved and they have also added many new things to the case.

When i took it out my mom was like, did you know it was that HUGE? lmao, i can fit a few xbox's in it :p and its so stylish.

830 also fits every kind of board :D.

Back