To everyone talking smack about my AMD 4000+...

mike686

Limp Gawd
You made me break down and get a new setup. :eek:

Stock e6600, eVGA nForce 680i, and stock 8800GTX

3d06zf2.jpg

LOL

Very NICE! I think that'll hold you over for a LONG time...

How ya liking it?

Edit:
How's the difference between the single core 4000+ and the e6600?

I just sold my fx-55 and am without a cpu atm (using laptop), would it be a worthwhile upgrade to ditch my ram/motherboard and get the e6300 and all?

It's twice as fast as that 4000+ and this 680i motherboard makes overclocking easy as can be. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think you need to tweak your CPU, seeing that the numbers suggest that your 8800GTX is being held back.

Yeah, I'd overclock that bad boy. You should be able to get to 3.0GHz at least, 3.2+ with a bit of luck and a decent HSF. When you do, get ready for 10,000+ scores.

Holy shit batman, someone here is actually running a NON OC'ed E6600 :eek: Oc that chip to an easy 3.2+GHz and watch your benchmark number SORE

Your AMD 4000+ is so slow, my granny could beat that. In a wheelchair.

guess that means I am in the stone age....
my poor little 3500+ has to limp along a bit longer.
Are you using the stock HSF on that e6600?

cant wait to see how this goes for you. im guna be building a very similar setup soon (only difference being an 8800gts instead of a gtx) and want to know what i can expect.

You peeps don't get it! The GPU on 8800 cards don't rely on the CPU anymore so it doesn't matter anymore if you have a crappy CPU! The only the CPU does is A.I. and stuff in games! God! I swear! :mad:

I don't know why it's reading it like that, but it's set at 1800 mhz (stock).

Because ntune is becoming a bigger bag of shit by the second, it reports that sometimes~

no idea why. on start up, after 5 hours of gaming.. it just reports that

i'm assuming that is the max its capable of displaying..

I got the same setup 6600 2gb ram 680i 8800gtx

my memory isnt here yet, so proc is at 3GHZ atm

Yeah I'm really happy with it, much quicker than the piece of crap single core 4000+.

newls1 said:
Holy shit batman, someone here is actually running a NON OC'ed E6600 :eek: Oc that chip to an easy 3.2+GHz and watch your benchmark number SORE
*soar

mike686 said:
Yeah I'm really happy with it, much quicker than the piece of crap single core 4000+.

Plenty of folk on the board would kindly take your "trash" CPU any day my friend :)

GPUCommando said:
Plenty of folk on the board would kindly take your "trash" CPU any day my friend :)

Check out my standby rig, it sure as hell isnt crap. The score in 3DMARK06 is 10527, its ok but hey its not bad with a dual core CPU

pcfan10110 said:
You peeps don't get it! The GPU on 8800 cards don't rely on the CPU anymore so it doesn't matter anymore if you have a crappy CPU! The only the CPU does is A.I. and stuff in games! God! I swear! :mad:

Not true! The CPU also depends on ONLINE play with calculating the projectiles of weapons and distance objects! GOD I SWEAR!!!!! :mad: :mad:

pcfan10110 said:
No, you're completely wrong. It has the capability to offload more tasks to the GPU since it's a DX10 chip, but that capability can't be used unless it's running a DX10 game under Vista.

pcfan10110 said:

Well, if that is true, then why when he OCed his CPU his numbers whent from 9K to 10K? Also, untill DX10 games come out, the G80 will be held back by most CPU's. Notice how I said most. The G80 seems to do well, on a single-core AM2 Opty. @ 3.0GHz stock and 3.2GHz mild OC.

Just my two cents. :D

Proxy said:
Well, if that is true, then why when he OCed his CPU his numbers whent from 9K to 10K? Also, untill DX10 games come out, the G80 will be held back by most CPU's. Notice how I said most. The G80 seems to do well, on a single-core AM2 Opty. @ 3.0GHz stock and 3.2GHz mild OC.

Just my two cents. :D

Ok, ok I'm wrong don't shoot me to death

pcfan10110 said:
Good to see that people on the forums have a sense of humor

just FYI...

your signature far exceeds the allowed amount of lines (10).

Back