toasty warm: Seagate 3TB SATA3 OEM, $129.99 fs @ NCIX

Fershlugg

Limp Gawd
http://us./products/?sku=66009&vpn=ST3000DM001&manufacture=Seagate&promoid=1295

7200rpm 3TB OEM drive, limit 2 per customer. Ends Oct. 24, 2012.

HURRY! Limited Quantities at this price! This special price will be applied ONLY after you complete your order, and will be processed in the order that they were received. No rainchecks or price matches at this special pricing. In-store stock does not reflect number of units available at this price.

I decided to go for 2.

Nice price, I almost ordered a pair. I just couldn't do it after reading their shipping insurance policies. Up to $100 is included, but if you want to insure your package for the full amount you get charged an extra 1.5%, if you want their express RMA service an additional 3.5%. Then an estimated 2-6 day processing time. Ugh. To much of a hassle especially with segate drives. I'll have to pass on it.

Thanks though for posting the deal.

What's wrong with Seagates? I have had only one go bad. Have been using them for years.

Same thing with the OCZ brand stigma. However, with 3TB worth of data one will likely put onto it, I'd want to have a more consistently reliable brand drive as well.

this is not a special prices, newegg and amazon has them at that price very often too.

nothing is wrong with seagate, but their quality has gone down and not to mention the HDD comes with only 1 year warranty which is not bad but truly disappointing, they should bring back 5 year warranty and i'll start buying them again.

I bought this drive ~ a year ago from bestbuy when the prices were high, I got 5 year warranty on the box. still working great.

can u raid 1 two 3tb drives yet?

Depends on what controller and firmware version. If Intel Rapid Storage, you want 10.5 or later in both the Option ROM and the driver. A good and cheap LSI card that will do it is the IBM ServeRAID M1015.

Depends on what controller and firmware version. If Intel Rapid Storage, you want 10.5 or later in both the Option ROM and the driver. A good and cheap LSI card that will do it is the IBM ServeRAID M1015.

yeah, i got it now, needed to uninstall all drivers then install asus driver then intel drivers :rolleyes:

also when you installed windows your bios was probably set to AHCI, you'll need to set it to raid, and windows will not boot, there's a fix, first run MicrosoftFixit50470.msi then reboot and change bios options

yeah, these were $120 on amazon last week...

Yeah, and in that thread I posted that nc ix was selling them for $129.99 as well.

They've been at this price for at least 2 months now with free shipping. I've purchased two, had a friend buy one.

For all the Seagate haters, all hard drives die, it's just a matter of time. Backup your data and you'll be fine.

Back