Tom Clancy's HAWX $30 on steam

Probably pick it up later.

Good price. $30 sounds about right.

pretty good price.. i dont like to spend more then $20 on games but this one probably is worth the extra 10

I would be all over this but I couldn't get the demo running on my Vista X64 box - anybody else?

I would be all over this but I couldn't get the demo running on my Vista X64 box - anybody else?

I'm playing the actual game right now in Windows 7 Beta 64bit. Also played the demo before too on W7 Beta 64bit. Maybe update your drivers?

I got in on this, can't say it's as good as I expected, but it's entertaining to say the least :)

$30 worth of entertainment?

i disagree, this game is HELLA fun. dx10 mode looks so beautiful, and it runs well on my 8800gts with high settings

the demo doesnt do the game justice. i thought the demo was good, but after i bought the game i was all smiles. its very well polished and put together, and easy to play.

i think it's surely worth $30, and thats coming from a guy who rarely spends more then $20 on a game.

I had some probs with it. Not sure if it was the game or my Logitech joystick software. Patched them both to latest and it seems to be working fine now. I think Comodo firewall borked my install of the joystick drivers or something.

Vista64 w/ 6gig RAM, on Core i7 base model. No OC yet.

I'm running on VistaX64 with no problems... on a side note I got the Thrustmaster combo with HAWX, the stick makes the game much more fun.. it just seems a bit short in single player though, would be nice to see some expansion packs maybe for it. Haven't played multi-player yet though..

I'm playing the actual game right now in Windows 7 Beta 64bit. Also played the demo before too on W7 Beta 64bit. Maybe update your drivers?

Could be the problem, I am on the newest FireGL drivers....

Heck, I got a "free" copy in my XFX4890 that I would sell for $20.00 shipped CONUS. Never been installed or taken out of the DVD paper sleeve.

I hope this is not thread crapping. PM me if you want.

It is...threadcrapping.

and yeah it might be $30 worth of entertainment, depends on how good the online play is too.

I loved the PS3 Demo, want if for the PC because I want to see what the mod community does for it.

Coming from the Falcon 4 crowd, this is basically a FPS with Planes.... However thats fine with me, its a lot of fun..

Good deal, another game added to my Steam account.

fps how? im one of the few who really dislike most fps games, and i find this really fun. its more like a 3-d version of 1942... remember that overhead view game thats still in many arcades? loooove that game! this is like what codemasters does to the racing genre- its kinda like simulation, but its also arcade enough to just grab and play. as with codemasters, they blended the two types of reality really well.

Personally I would say this game is on par with Ace Combat 4,5 or belkin war for the ps2. Its great and fun, but it is lacking in some areas. Ace Combat 6 for the 360 in my opinion is a lot more detailed.

All and all this game is great but it :)

I had some probs with it. Not sure if it was the game or my Logitech joystick software. Patched them both to latest and it seems to be working fine now. I think Comodo firewall borked my install of the joystick drivers or something.

Vista64 w/ 6gig RAM, on Core i7 base model. No OC yet.
I had the same problem with the demo. 4GB RAM, Q9300 here. I think I had to eventually run it in XP compatibility mode as an Administrator. Therefore idk if I was running true DX10.

Thanks to OP, I remembered that I bought a joystick (not that joy stick, you filthy...) years ago I can play with this game.

Is this game worth busting out my x52 joystick/throttle for, or is it playable with a mouse/keyboard?

Is this game worth busting out my x52 joystick/throttle for, or is it playable with a mouse/keyboard?

I wouldnt see why not, I was actually going to buy a x52 just for this game, but my XBOX360 controller is working fine for now.

I dunno but the no assistance mode is interesting to say the least....i'm playing with mouse/kb and it's just fine but still.....no assistance mode is just..well, weird.

ive been playing this game lots since i bought it. the graphics are really cool- i love divebombing down on battleships and shooting some jrockets at them, then barely pulling up fast enough to fly through the fireball :D i find that sometimes the fireball gets me and blows me up though

Haha yeah it is, i just finished blowing up the one flagship that was threatening the american fleet...that was a cool mission, i notice that the missions get progressively longer w/ more mixes of ground/air/sea units.

Was on the fence, but now that it's back up to normal price, I can pass for now. Kind of waiting for the successor to IL-2, but getting impatient.

I dunno but the no assistance mode is interesting to say the least....i'm playing with mouse/kb and it's just fine but still.....no assistance mode is just..well, weird.
Agreed. i bit on this deal, and the assist OFF mode is interesting. I like how you can pull of ridiculous maneuvers to dodge missiles or bring enemies in sight, but it does not lend itself to low-altitude flights through chicago. The standard view is much better for that and leads to MUCh fewer plane carcasses embedded in the hancock building.

So far I am having a lot of fun with it, and am looking forward to the multiplayer.

What I would REALLY like is a Ghost Recon game based around some of the ground aspects of it that follow the air portion

SPOILERS DO NOT READ BELOW HERE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For example in Chicago when you are defending the guys going after the jammer, or in DC when you are fighting off the invaders.

Back