Top Notch $1500 Budget PC - Will it be cool enough?

paintb4707

Limp Gawd
Well, Ive asked numerous times for some cooling suggestions in general hardware, but appearantly no one is answering me. So ive decided to bring my list over here. This list has been modified time and time again and now I think I am very happy with it. But one question remains, will it be cool with the stock case fans and maybe if I bought 3 additional 80mm fans? Or would be cool enough with just the stock fans and a pci-slot cooler?

------------------
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...6068&WishListTitle=my+first+build.+gaming+pc]

3800 X2 Processor

Subtotal: $1,470.41
-----------------

Any help is appreciated.

If you plan on overclocking, you may want to get a better heatsink for the CPU. Otherwise I think If you just fill up the case's stock fan holders with fans you should be good.

I'm not sure about that powersupply however... 380W seems a little low.

Damnit... According to the silentpcreview on psus I should be fine but if I upgrade to the 430w to be on the safe side, that will push me to about 1550 with shipping. :(

paintb4707 said:
Well, Ive asked numerous times for some cooling suggestions in general hardware, but appearantly no one is answering me. So ive decided to bring my list over here. This list has been modified time and time again and now I think I am very happy with it. But one question remains, will it be cool with the stock case fans and maybe if I bought 3 additional 80mm fans? Or would be cool enough with just the stock fans and a pci-slot cooler?

------------------
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...6068&WishListTitle=my+first+build.+gaming+pc]

3800 X2 Processor

Subtotal: $1,493.41
-----------------

Any help is appreciated.

there is nowhere to fit additional 80mm fans in that case....
the 80mm in front and the 120mm in the rear are about it.

what you could do is get a 4in3 device module for a stacker and use it in the rom bays - gets you an extra 120mm fan and extra cooling.
thats your best bet, imo.

domoMKIV said:
there is nowhere to fit additional 80mm fans in that case....
the 80mm in front and the 120mm in the rear are about it.

what you could do is get a 4in3 device module for a stacker and use it in the rom bays - gets you an extra 120mm fan and extra cooling.
thats your best bet, imo.
Think you could link me to one? Im not exactly sure what youre talking about.

Back