Top performing HD

Eastcoasthandle

[H]ard|Gawd
Can you get a high performance HD without having to go to scsi? Or do you prefer a scsi drive which mean you have to install a separate SCSI Controller Card? Hmm, never understand why the majority of MBs never came with a SCSI Controller...

SATA Raptor is a good SCSI alternative.

I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons why SCSI was never incorporated as a standard feature on mobos. Two off the top of my head would be cost and ease of use.

What your looking for is something called Enterprise Sata. These are pretty much the cream of the crop before going to SCSI.

SATA Raptor is a good SCSI alternative.

I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons why SCSI was never incorporated as a standard feature on mobos. Two off the top of my head would be cost and ease of use.

Then I wonder if MB manufactures will ever incorporate SAS at some point.

Can you get a high performance HD without having to go to scsi? Or do you prefer a scsi drive which mean you have to install a separate SCSI Controller Card? Hmm, never understand why the majority of MBs never came with a SCSI Controller...

The Seagate 7200.10 performs nearly as well at 7,200 RPM at the WD Raptor does at 10k and it is far cheaper and quieter to boot.

They are very fast SATA drives.

The Seagate 7200.10 performs nearly as well at 7,200 RPM at the WD Raptor does at 10k and it is far cheaper and quieter to boot.

They are very fast SATA drives.

Yeah the latency is about the same. The raptor does write something like 30-40% faster, but you're getting an insane gb/$ on the oem seagates. I got 2 :D

Back