Top Ten PS3 Exclusives

I've got a PS3 and i like it a lot. However, before i could REALLY think about 10 must have titles for PS3 that are exclusives as of right now (there really are no 10 must have exclusives right now, the video was completely right!), i had popped a Blu-Ray disk in and enjoyed a movie in 1080p.

i had popped a Blu-Ray disk in and enjoyed a movie in 1080p.

3:2 pulldown = 1080i.

I am right on the brink. I want to get a PS3 badly, i just can't push myself over the hump. I was all excited when i saw this thread title that it would be exactly what i was looking for :mad:

I've got a PS3 and i like it a lot. However, before i could REALLY think about 10 must have titles for PS3 that are exclusives as of right now (there really are no 10 must have exclusives right now, the video was completely right!), i had popped a Blu-Ray disk in and enjoyed a movie in 1080p.

Was it Super Man 2? :D

3:2 pulldown = 1080i.

I am right on the brink. I want to get a PS3 badly, i just can't push myself over the hump. I was all excited when i saw this thread title that it would be exactly what i was looking for :mad:
I got a PS3 a few weeks back after having a 360 for over a year....so far I have used it for Motorstorm (packed with console) a couple of rented Blu-ray titles (no biggie since my tv is 720p) and a few demos.

GT's List:

1. War Hawk
2. Racket & Clank
3. Resistance
4. Heavenly Sword
5. RR7
6. Blu-ray Movie - Superman 2
7. MotorStorm
8. None
9. None
10. None

My List:

Must haves:
1. Uncharted
2. Racket & Clank
3. Resistance
4. War Hawk

Good-Decent:
5. Folklore
6. MotorStorm
7. Heavenly Sword
8. PS3 arcade games in general??? Examples: Everyday Shooter or Super Stardust.
9. Blu-Ray movies in general??? IMO not worth the price premium over DVDs.
10. None (Maybe F1, Eye of Judgement, or Lair, but that's pushing the limits of whats good-decent)

And I'd hardly call RR7 an exclusive. Its pretty much RR6 (xbox360) with added customizations.

Eh, that wasn't very fun. Could have been better by a lot.

But Kudos to creating another useless thread that will eventually turn into crap :D

To be fair, I can't think of any console off the top of my head that had 10 "must have" titles within a year of release, and even within 2 years for most.

It's definitely not trolling.

Before you post, try to defend your argument.

Some of you guys take things way too seriously.

No kidding. Although I think instead of superman they should have had Folklore. While it may not be a system seller, it's a good game. But then again the funny not there :D So replace Ridge Racer 6..I mean...7. :eek: ;)

Heavenly Sword, Lair, Resistance: Fall of Man, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13, Haze, Warhawk, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, LittleBigPlanet... that's more than 10 I believe. That was easy.

I think he was speaking to the effect of current titles you can go buy. Many of those are not available yet. Nice list though :)

I think the Top 10 exclusives would be:
1. Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD
2. Tekken 5: DR Online (Being arcade perfect with online sounds exclusive to me)
3. Folklore (Highly underrated IMO)
4. Warhawk
5. Ridge Racer 7
6. Resistance: Fall of Man
7. Formula One: CE
8. Eye of Judgment
9. MotorStorm
10. Heavenly Sword

Anyone care to guess who will be on top this time next year and who will be "leaking"info on the 720..;)

2. Tekken 5: DR Online (Being arcade perfect with online sounds exclusive to me)
4. Warhawk
5. Ridge Racer 7
8. Eye of Judgment
9. MotorStorm
10. Heavenly Sword

Yup, and i dont care what anyone says, thats definitely not a bad list of exclusives by any stretch.

You can add Uncharted to that next week as well.

I actually own all of those except Folklore.

Heavenly Sword, Lair, Resistance: Fall of Man, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13, Haze, Warhawk, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, LittleBigPlanet... that's more than 10 I believe. That was easy.

Lair wouldn't touch my list of "must plays" for the PS3. I think that can safely be pulled off of any Top Games lists for the PS3. I think the rest of the list is reasonably solid. Haze is a new IP with little out about it at the moment so it's hard to say that it is a "must play". At least there has been alot more released about LBP and we can go off of the earlier games of some of the other unreleased franchises listed.

My list gets up to 8 which still isn't that bad for a console.

(not in any order)
Heavenly Sword (must play, not a must buy)
Gran Turismo 5 (fuck Prologue, I don't pay $40 for expanded demos)
God of War 3
Uncharted (looks like it is reviewing well)
LittleBigPlanet
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank: Future
Resistance: Fall of Man (barely makes my list, but I generally don't like console FPSs)

Unfortunately, Gran Turismo 5 and GoW3 are quite a ways out.

To be fair, I can't think of any console off the top of my head that had 10 "must have" titles within a year of release, and even within 2 years for most.
True, but the PS3 was delayed a year at the last moment which means that it theoretically should have had the best launch lineup ever. My PS3 is basically for Blu-ray rentals (I won't pay $20+ for a movie) and Motorstorm which came bundled with it. I might pick up Heavenly Sword but the truth is...I also have a 360 to really get my game on, and there are too many good games for it right now for me to pay attention to the small PS3 lineup.:(

edit- little big planet is the only title coming soon that really has me intrigued.

True, but the PS3 was delayed a year at the last moment which means that it theoretically should have had the best launch lineup ever. My PS3 is basically for Blu-ray rentals (I won't pay $20+ for a movie) and Motorstorm which came bundled with it. I might pick up Heavenly Sword but the truth is...I also have a 360 to really get my game on, and there are too many good games for it right now for me to pay attention to the small PS3 lineup.:(

edit- little big planet is the only title coming soon that really has me intrigued.

You should try Folklore and Ratchet & Clank: Future. Folklore was fun and I am just starting R&C which is looking good so far.

Anyone care to guess who will be on top this time next year and who will be "leaking"info on the 720..;)
You think Sony can outsell MS by 600k units a month? Because that's what it would take to be on top by this time next year.

(For reference, the Wii sells about 400k a month in the US total)

You think Sony can outsell MS by 600k units a month? Because that's what it would take to be on top by this time next year.

(For reference, the Wii sells about 400k a month in the US total)

Nah..I just think that Sony is in this for the long haul and that MS at the first sign of trouble will abandon the 360 and move to their next box..Sony has a LONG way to go but things just may be getting better for them..

Funny list, I enjoyed it.

Nintendo. M$ still in #2 spot. Sony execs still far behind and talking about 10 year life cycle.

Sony isn't going to catch up in 1 year and in another 3-4 years no matter who's winning we will want a next gen console. Technology is moving faster and faster, consoles that are marketed toward the best graphics or hardcore gamers aren't going to be competitive for as long as they use to. Currently we have very few 1080p games and we see very little FSAA in games. We aren't even getting the full resolution, ie Halo 3, GT5, and many other games.

Nah..I just think that Sony is in this for the long haul and that MS at the first sign of trouble will abandon the 360 and move to their next box..Sony has a LONG way to go but things just may be getting better for them..
I don't see it happening. MS had to dump the xbox because they didn't own the rights on half the tech inside it and after matching Sony cut for cut they were losing an ungodly amount of money on each box sold (see Nvidia lawsuit etc) so it wasn't worth getting any more sales. This gen is completely different, it looks like they're making money on the box at this stage, they have a solid amount of sales, they own the tech.

Sony can't afford 10 years unless they can overturn the leads of the other consoles. People seem to forget that the PS3 was the first time they even mentioned a 10 year plan. With the PS1 and PS2 a long life was a happy side effect of utter dominance.

Sony is the one who has had layoffs, closures, and sell offs to get back to profitability. Just recently they sold off their interest in the Cell Processor. Doesn't sound to me like they are very committed to anything. I would estimate they are less able and willing to take losses than Microsoft.

To get back to the video, I thought it was rather funny, and in some ways true... which is the reason why I don't have a PS3 yet. The games are coming, but now... RIGHT now, there's nothing compelling enough to make me want to go out and spend another four to five hundred dollars. A year from now it's a lot more likely.

Lair wouldn't touch my list of "must plays" for the PS3. I think that can safely be pulled off of any Top Games lists for the PS3.

False. Many, many people like Lair. It got bad press reviews, and overall positive personal reviews. The controls are not hard, you just have to not suck.

It's definitely not trolling.

Before you post, try to defend your argument.

Some of you guys take things way too seriously.

Sure it is. You didnt post anything worth while, you posted just to get a reaction. The definition of trolling. At least be man enough to admit it. There are plenty more than 10 good games for the PS3. You didnt say exclusives, just games. Dont be upset because I called you on it. If you dont want that to happen, dont troll. Simple as that.

4. Warhawk
5. Ridge Racer 7
8. Eye of Judgment
9. MotorStorm
10. Heavenly Sword

I haven't tried a couple of those, but that list does look pretty darn good. Does Folklore continue on just like the demo? I enjoyed the demo, but there was almost too much story for me. It wouldn't be bad, but generally I can only game in 30 minute spurts, so it can be difficult to really get into games that have long story sequences. I just need to quit my job so I can have daily marathon gaming sessions. :)

i think its funny that people are still having to work at building a top 10 list for a $600 year old gaming console.....LOL

i think its funny that people are still having to work at building a top 10 list for a $600 year old gaming console.....LOL

I don't think people really are having to work at it. A very good list is already posted in this thread. And the thing is, they are trying to make an exclusives only list. Just a list of good games would obviously be even better.

I think a top ten list of 360 exclusives the first year would be a little light on AAAs as well. I know because I have owned it since launch. :) No doubt the 360 has better games now, but it is nice that the PS3 has been getting some love recently.

That was an awesome video and i also think that superman II the donor cut kicks ass
thanks for posting the link

I don't think people really are having to work at it. A very good list is already posted in this thread. And the thing is, they are trying to make an exclusives only list. Just a list of good games would obviously be even better.

I think a top ten list of 360 exclusives the first year would be a little light on AAAs as well. I know because I have owned it since launch. :) No doubt the 360 has better games now, but it is nice that the PS3 has been getting some love recently.

if you say so, i dont call most of those games good, i am sure to PS3 fans they are better than they deserve to be since they fill a top 10 list....

if you say so, i dont call most of those games good, i am sure to PS3 fans they are better than they deserve to be since they fill a top 10 list....

Fanboys are starting to annoy me...

Owning both systems, one would think that I wouldn't be bothered by the fanboyism that is constantly being expressed, but it has started to annoy me more because no matter what system is being bashed, I own it. :) It is rarely "look how great my system is," but rather "look how crappy yours is."

In any event, you are right... PS3 is the suck. 360 had 50 AAAs in its first year. You win.

Add Haze and Uncharted to that list along with a dozen other excellent multi-platform titles and the PS3 has a very respectable lineup for its first year. People love to hype the X360s library but it didn't really take off until the second year. I look to PS3's upcoming second year and see games I've been waiting many years to play. Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Turismo 5, Grand Theft Auto 4 etc

Back